Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this simple question:

Does the 2007 HU support mp3? I noticed that they seem to have stopped offering the MP3 upgrade on 2007 models, and so I assumed it was included as standard. In the manual, it talks about the MP3 functionality and doesn't say "some models" or anything like that. Also, when I insert an MP3 disc into the drive it says "READING" as if it's reading the file info, however, I still can't seem to get it to work. I have the 6-disc bose system, if this makes any difference. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
Unless it specifically says on the head unit somewhere 'MP3', it doesn't. The disc will pretend to start playing, but will not output any sound. You can upgrade the stock HU at your dealer to read mp3 discs, but is that worth 400 some buckaroos? Probably would be easier to use that headphone aux jack you have in your armrest console you lucky son of a gun.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
yea we got whore, even the top of line MS3 didn't get mp3 players, its retarded frankly. You goto the dealer and it's like a $1000 for either the tape player (wtf is a tape player?) or the mp3. Sigh.. damn it mazda.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that sucks... yeah we got ripped off. All the scions support MP3.

So where is the MP3 upgrade for 2007? It's not listed on any web sites as a trim level and it's not in the official accessory guide.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=NightRiderMZ3 link=topic=71203.msg1253943#msg1253943 date=1173283374]

http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=1928

Don't know if this is an actual Mazda supplier, but here you can get it for low 300's.
[/quote]

Keep in mind that guy is a single-disc CD player, and will only work with the '04 and '05. In '06 they changed the wiring harness and instead of the LCD being a part of the stereo isn't now a separate piece.

The link TruboPower posted is what you'd need for an '06 or '07.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts