·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all ,im new to the board, really informative stuff here

anyways , i am from vancouver canada and am considering getting a 3 gs
but i got a few questions regarding the cd player

1 -does the standard one play cd-rws?

2-im thinking bout getting the mp3 player, but its so much $$, i belive its made by pionner, is this correct? how its it for searching though folders?

3-are there anyother aftermarket mp3 players that can be fited into the dash and still have hookup with steering wheel vol control and LCD?

4-has anyone got the factory mp3 player? is it any good? opinions?
5it the factoryone the same as this? http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=1637
if so how comes so much cheaper?

6- as an alternative is it possible to hook up a mp3 cd changer in the trunk? such as
this

thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
1. Just about any CD player, especially new ones, should play CD-RWs and CD-Rs if you burn the songs in the right format.

5. I think thats the price for the panel only, meaning the bit of dash/panel you put in front of the mp3 player.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
6- as an alternative is it possible to hook up a mp3 cd changer in the trunk? such as this
The audio from that Sony unit runs through FM modulation, don't get it, it's going to make your mp3s sound even worse. Personally, I'm waiting for the Alpine headunits that interface with my Apple iPod. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
FatMorbo said:
1. Just about any CD player, especially new ones, should play CD-RWs and CD-Rs if you burn the songs in the right format.

5. I think thats the price for the panel only, meaning the bit of dash/panel you put in front of the mp3 player.
In response to the above quote...

1. This is not true, my friend has a new Civic and CD-R/RW's will only play if you burn them on expensive cd's (i.e. Memorex or some other name brand). Let me be more clear, all CD-R/RW's play in the Civic's CD player, the only problem is you can't skip tracks and if you turn off the car and turn it back on, the cd will search and search and search and search and never play the cd, you have to reinsert and play from the beginning. Not fun.

5. That is the price for the MP3 player and the cover that goes over it in the dash board. It's so cheap because you're not buying it from the dealer. I would recommend you have them install it though, so the warranty on the player will be just as long as the warranty on the car instead of just 1 year.

·
Registered
744 Posts
5. This is correct. It is the price of the MP3 player without dealer markup and installation. If you do get it installed at the dealership after buying from the web you might save $50 to $100.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Of course the only reason you'd really want to get the dealer to install it is for the warranty. The instructions seem easy enough, and if you don't really worry about things like that, then just do it yourself.

Anyway, I doubt aftermarket players will be compatible with the LCD and steering wheel controls short of some modification.

And the stock CD player/6 disc should play CD-R/RWs. I think your friend's civic, dja, is just screwy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts