Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just ended up attaching my DH to the mounting bracket it came with and then simply placed the mounting bracket on the steering column where the column dips to go into the dash. Not using a thing to hold it in place.

With the tilt and telescoping I am using, it fits perfectly, doesn't slide around at all.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just got my dashhawk yesterday and was going to ask the same question.

I'm still trying to decide where to place mine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
this may be somewhat unorthodox but i used the velcro it came with and put it on my dash jus about my drivers vent. obviously put the other velcro on the dashhawk itself. this position works great for me and i don't have to worry about it sliding around while im driving :p

·
Registered
230 Posts
I put mine just to the left of the center rectangluar vents, it partially covers the left vent. The double-sided tape did let go a bit during the summer though.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
dont really want to mount mine anywhere, I just run the cable over my legs around the shifter and it sits in my cupholder just fine. dont want shit cluttering up my dash

·
Registered
106 Posts
[quote author=budgy link=topic=135898.msg2929492#msg2929492 date=1234377339]
dont really want to mount mine anywhere, I just run the cable over my legs around the shifter and it sits in my cupholder just fine. dont want shit cluttering up my dash
[/quote]

Fair enough if you just use it to data log. I like to keep an eye on things while driving. I'd kill myself if I put it in my cup holder. :)

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I have mine mounted like so:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Madball++

1 - 17 of 17 Posts