Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know there are several threads talking about this but I have a simple question. Where do I need to look under the car to see if the bolt is backing itself out. I know that people say the bolt in concear is directly under the battery box. So today I jacked the car up and took a look from underneath and what I found was there are about 10 items inbetween my eyes and the location directly under the battery box.

Everybody said that it was easy to see but I could not find it.

Can somebody help me out or give me some directions or pictures?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have come to the conclusion that I am an idiot.

I took another look again today and could not see anyhting. HEre is a big question that could be the root of my problem.

Do you need to remove the plastic under cover that is bolted under the front part of the car - in order to see the bottom of this bolt?

I never removed it cause I thought I had read that you did not have to remove it to see the bottom of the bolt. But I had my head under there for 15mins searching for the darn thing and I found nothing.

Can somebody take a picture of the underbody where they are looking so I can get a better preception of where I should have my head so I can find this bolt? I mean soem more distant pictrues instead of the close ones- that and a more detailed explanation or a sketch would really help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts