Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted by saturnwithatwist 2/15/04, 8:16 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dude why the hell do you have 0 gauge wire for??? you don't need that shit for the amps you have LOL a little over done don't you think? And 8 gauge power wire for the subwoofer LOL again way to much which is not needed at all 12 gauge wire is perfectly fine LOL. That shit is funny dude just thought I'd drop in my thoughts on the insanity of the thickness of your wire LOL.
I post back...

posted by vaboom 2/17/04, 10:48 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed you have a cap. May I ask why you have one and what you think it does for you?

Oh wait, lemme answer that for ya. You think adding a cap will help with light dimmage by releasing its stored power to the amp on heavy draws. But in all actuality, its another thing the alternator has to charge and you are more than likely better without it.

Funny, my lights dont dim one bit. Before you yap your trap, learn a little about car audio, son.

vaBoom
And his grand finale

posted by saturnwithatwist 2/20/04, 0:01 am

what a dumbass I had to come to his page to see his reply LOL. And dude the cap does do a lot its a 5 farad cap. Caps are not good for SPL comps because as you said its another thing the alternator has to charge but with regular driving the amps don;t use enough current to completely drain the cap making it a good place to store energy right next to the amp so it dosn;t have to take it from the battery dimming the lights. Learn what the application is before you yap your trap SON. and get rid of the 0 guage wire everyone is laughing really at you they all are!!!
Are people so dumb and ignorant they cant see the light at the end of the tunnel?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Show him the nice little wire guage chart where it shows you how many amps you can have and the amount of length you can have.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bknauss said:
Show him the nice little wire guage chart where it shows you how many amps you can have and the amount of length you can have.
Waste of time. You get these kids that think 8 gauge will run anything. They just dont know.

Another thing that bothers me, and most professional installers/car audio fanatics: when the MAX power of an amplifier is posted on its chassis. Max power means loads of distortion and the brink of when the amp will Xplod (as Sony has shown us all).

Please God... help us eliminate those morons.

·
Registered
327 Posts
lol sorry to have seen this Vaboom

·
Registered
191 Posts
bknauss said:
vaboom i dont wanna sound like a n00b but is there really a chart like that? My M3 is my first car and i would love to do audio mods, but im pretty enexperienced. Where is this chart? I dont wanna end up like that jackass up there ^^ that u talked to

·
Registered
256 Posts
BeastieBen said:
bknauss said:
vaboom i dont wanna sound like a n00b but is there really a chart like that? My M3 is my first car and i would love to do audio mods, but im pretty enexperienced. Where is this chart? I dont wanna end up like that jackass up there ^^ that u talked to
I believe Crutchfield has one somwhere (on their web site maybe?). I used it when I installed the system on my last car. I don't know how accurate it is, you'd have to ask an expert, but it seemed to do the job for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well, instead of emailing me like I asked to in vabooms guest book, he's now on my guestbook...

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This guy is the icing on a frozen paintball...

If I were to meet him, I would bitch slap him for bragging.. then bitch slap him for his EXTENSIVE electronics knowledge.

·
Registered
318 Posts
lol, yeah I've been following that funny rant in your guestbook for awhile now. I'd say something but would rather not start a mudslinging contest in someones guestbook.

Nice comment BK, had no clue that was you =P

What gets into people to rant in someones guestbook anyway? Lol, if he only had any idea how many of us are running 0/1.

By the way vaboom, while I'm at it, any problems with bulging the carpet in the 3 with the 1/0 gauge? Havn't run mine yet, but wont be long.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No bulging at all. The trick is not to stuff the wire down into the carpet, but to "float" it.

If I were to pull my panels off, you would see the power wire right there. I did have to modify the panels a bit (they have these little vertical things that look like they hold the carpet down further...) but it was cake. Didnt even need a razor. Tricky parts were the B Pillar section where I had to cut the carpet a little so in the dead center of the B Pillar, it could sit down 1.5" so it didnt hit the seatbelt tensioner.

Im surprised such a small car, and the ability to totally hide ought gauge. I havent been able to hide ought gauge in a damn Suburban.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts