Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"m looking to get some angel eyes, probably the Chromium ones that a lot of people seem to have on here but i have a few questions about some things I haven't seen done with them yet. Has anyone put them on a switch so that they can be turned on/off at any time whether the car is on or not? And does anyone know if I would need the wiring harness that is an extra $10 from them? I was thinking of putting the switch by the light dimmer to the left of the steering wheel.

On top of that, is there anyone in central FL that has done this and would want to lend me a hand for some free lunch and some beer or something? I'm just afraid like everyone else to bake my headlights and I'm sure an extra set of hands would go a long way on something like this.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
A lot of people have installed them on switches, from the Chromiums there are two wires, red and black. Red goes to a postive 12V source and black to ground. So you would install the switch inline with the red wire.

-Devin

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So would I need the wiring harness? I'm not really sure what it does.

I also saw someone comment on how it doesn't look good on non HID systems. What are everyone's opinions on this?

And after I order these is there anyone is central FL that would be willing to take my offer for helping me?

Thanks everyone for your input

·
Registered
870 Posts
Living in central FL you're in luck...jhershorin used to make a harness that did exactly what you want. I ordered one a while ago and its sick as hell. When you press the unlock function on your FOB, the DDE's fade on. When you hit lock, they fade off. Your car doesn't have to be on for this - I just have them fade on as I'm walking up to the car to get in, and man does it turn heads.

Anyways, he used to make the kit and he lives in Florida, so that would be your best bet. It wont be free, but I can't imagine having my DDE's work in any other way!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Heh...how ya doin. I dont live in orlando anymore but I am always willing to help someone out. I travel to visit my friends back at college in orlando every so often or you could make a weekend trip to miami. I dont mind installing it all for you. I sell the raptors which are basically the same as the chromiums. I've had both installed on my car. Devin is great so if u get chromiums from him i am sure you'll be happy. Let me know if i can be of any help. Our raptors come with the harness.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
[quote author=miatamaniac link=topic=66025.msg1131989#msg1131989 date=1167875050]
I also saw someone comment on how it doesn't look good on non HID systems. What are everyone's opinions on this?
[/quote]

i installed my angel eyes before my HIDs and it's not that it doesn't look good, just compared to the DDE's it makes the halogens look yellow. but the DDE's definitley stand out a little more with the halogens, with the HID, the DDE's kind of blend it, and it all flows together.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I ordered the chromiums last week so we'll see how they look without HIDs. I'm going to install a switch that is always live to hook them up to. I'm hoping I can figure the wiring out for that. Still hopin someone wants to give me a hand to speed things up but I should have these installed in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got my HID's today and my Raptor DDE's I also have to figure out how to wire the DDE's to a switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts