Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some more pics of my car after a fresh tint job that I just got about an hour ago and man do i love it! It looks sooo good with silver exterior on the black interior :D . It is 26% on the front and 16% on the back, which are florida's limits. I tried to get the guy to go lower, but he wouldnt do it. I am now kind of glad I didn't because I really like this shade. Anyway, hope you enjoy. Ooh, I also got a strip across the top that is really nice for protecting your eyes when you have sun in your face, It also gives it a good look too 8) !

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Very nice!! I think these pics, and your others on the beach have convinced me to get the silver :D

How much did it cost, and what brand did you get? Is your windshield strip curved- looks good. 8)

In PA, the limit is apparently 70% :( , but my mom who is a Philly police officer, said that as long as you can see a piece of white paper behind the tint, the cops won't bother me. Well see :)

If you can, take some pics while the sun is shining brightly during the day. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, to answer your questions, I got it done for $80 plus tax, which is a discount because my dealer referred me and got me the discount because they do a lot of cars with the guy. My installer is really good at what he does :) . He has been doing this for 25 years and is a pro, I watched him do the whole thing. He uses SolarGard Window Film because it has a limited lifetime warranty and says it is the best he has ever worked with, he has used it for 9 years.
As far as the PA thing goes, I also live in PA when Im not in school so hopfully mines not to dark 8) ! Even if i got pulled over my car is registered in Florida, so I dont think it would be a big deal.
I will take some more pics tomorrow though for you. It just got finished at around 515 tonight so by the time I got home and took pics It was starting to get dark out, so I will have more tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Thanks for the response and promise of daylight pics :) That was a great price. My mom got a quote from a local performance shop of $175 to tint her 2004 Outback Sport Wagon. I'll have to ask my dealer if they have a similar connection to a local shop like yours does for my future MZ3 :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
OMG that's soooo seriously hot looking! NY state legal limit is also 70% for the drivers (and I don't want to get all different shades) so that really bites. However, $80 is a great price, its like $150 here.

Makes me really want tints more and more!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Very cool! I will be ordering an orange Sport GT but at some point I wanted the Silver cuz with the tints its one of the best looking colors/car.

Congrads!

---

Just one thing, could you please remove those yellow stickers in the front and back?! It kind of kills the look IMO.

Or are they like parking stickers or something?

---

All in all! Beautiful looking car!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SyChO said:
Just one thing, could you please remove those yellow stickers in the front and back?! It kind of kills the look IMO.
The one on the back is a parking permit for my college so that one is definitely not removable, and the front one is a permit to get on the beach, because we can drive on the beaches here. And if i don't have that it costs 5.00 each day you want to drive on the beach where that permit only costs 20.00 for the entire year, so i cant really take that one off either. But I do agree with you, it does take away from the car, unfortunately I cant remove either one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's really not that bad. It really helps actually, when their are cars behind you with their bright ass lights shining in your mirror. It actually looks darker in the pics than it is because I took the pictutres at sunset.

·
Registered
627 Posts
mmph

Holy molly.

I got black this time 'cause I have had a silver car in the last 2 incarnations. Man, I should have stuck to silver!

One thing's for sure though, all this tinting is making me want it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
So did you get tint on the front window as well? I am kind of confused about 26 front and 14 back. The 26 is on the doors and the 14 is on the rear window? Please let me know, I love the look of your car.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thats some nice tint... I can't wait to get my windows tinted. FL sure lets you get away with some dark tint, unfortunately WA is capped at 35 for all windows... but still tinting the windows gives the car a nice appearance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sean said:
So did you get tint on the front window as well? I am kind of confused about 26 front and 14 back. The 26 is on the doors and the 14 is on the rear window? Please let me know, I love the look of your car.
Yea, I got an eyebrow on the top of the windshield that is 16%. The front 2 windows are 26% tint and the back 2 windows and the back windshield are 16% tint.

·
Registered
743 Posts
It should look fantastic on a white one, you must give some pics when you have it done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the place I got my mz3 tinted didn't give receipts due it acting as a legal end of the paper trail........I have 5% tint on the pasenger rear and back - 22% on the front passenger.....acts as a theft deterrent to expensive camera equipment I put in the back seats :wink:......solar yellow/4dr

looks good :mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts