Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,823 Posts
[quote author=MS3 link=topic=69049.msg1196277#msg1196277 date=1170991495]
The other day I was driving along at a steady 65 MPH in 6th and I went to pass another car. I quickly went to WOT on the throttle and just as the car began to accelerate, it lost all power for about 1/2 second and then it came right back and ran normally. It was like someone turned the key off for a fraction of a second. Car was fully warmed up, but it was very cold outside (-6F). That was the only time it did it.

Anyone else have this happen to them or does anyone know what would cause this?

[/quote]

I had that myself. It's like it just "stopped" for a millisecond, and came right back.

· Registered
2,823 Posts
My conditions were almost identical. about 5 below, 6th gear, cruising along @ about 60-65, and then that little stutter. Very jarring, but then right back on it, and it was fine.

· Registered
2,823 Posts
That sucks on the CEL. For those of us that have had the problem (mine's done it twice now, 2nd time wasn't as "abrupt") How rich is your car running? Seriously I bought this thing three weeks ago, and my tailpipe is COVERED in carbon. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. A poorly tuned fuel system could cause a glitch that would make the car go pig rich and bog. Which would feel identical to what a lot of us are experiencing.

· Registered
2,823 Posts
So I brought in my car to the dealer yesterday. They said they couldn't replicate the problem (Of course not. They had some midget tech driving my car too. I was totally crotching that steering wheel when I got back in). However, they did reflash my PCM, and the car does seem to be running better. If it's a permanent thing, who knows. Chances are it'll never get cold enough to replicate the conditions it happened in either time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.