Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
I get what the OP gets too. I do daily driving on a 50km stretch of highway and a lot of passing, i noticed this every so often. Im usually right in the middle of the powerband as well with teh turbo already spinning up. I wouldnt attribute it to lag, as I havent experienced this on older turbo'd cars. I think its just the ECU.

· Registered
234 Posts
Coming home from work this morning I was 'testing' my car against my buddies 06 Eclipse GT. I had done this once before previously with the same conditions (-35C slightly slipperly roads, no spin, DSC on). Both our cars had been warmed up for the same amount of time and driving.

Previously it was pretty even, i was faster in the lower gears, and rolling from lower speeds, he was slightly faster in the midrange and i was overall had a higher top speed.

This time however, from mid, mid-lo and highspeed starts my car wouldnt budge and he smoked me every time. My car was awesome on the drive to work today, but not so on the way home.

Me thinks im getting the xede to combat this problem. I will probalby get the AP too if it comes out in a timely fashion. I will probably only have this car for 2.5 more years. So waiting for a year for the AP is a waste of time (33% of my time with this car).

· Registered
234 Posts
[quote author=Betelgeuse link=topic=69049.msg1198607#msg1198607 date=1171077225]
[quote author=solipsism link=topic=69049.msg1197073#msg1197073 date=1171037348]
Coming home from work this morning I was 'testing' my car against my buddies 06 Eclipse GT. I had done this once before previously with the same conditions (-35C slightly slipperly roads, no spin, DSC on). Both our cars had been warmed up for the same amount of time and driving.

Previously it was pretty even, i was faster in the lower gears, and rolling from lower speeds, he was slightly faster in the midrange and i was overall had a higher top speed.

This time however, from mid, mid-lo and highspeed starts my car wouldnt budge and he smoked me every time. My car was awesome on the drive to work today, but not so on the way home.

Me thinks im getting the xede to combat this problem. I will probalby get the AP too if it comes out in a timely fashion. I will probably only have this car for 2.5 more years. So waiting for a year for the AP is a waste of time (33% of my time with this car).
[/quote]

I'm seeing 14.9 for the 06 eclipse. You should easily smoke your friend even from a roll. If you were even, it simply means you haven't truly learned the powerband of the ms3 yet or there's something wrong with your car. Keep the rpms between 3-5k and you should be fine. And dsc should be OFF (if the roads are slippery even a little, don't race!).The xede will help but it will do little good against a better driver.

As I said before we were even with me beating him by a little, but him having more pull in the higher rpm band. He says his power band goes from 4k-redline with the MiVec system (sp). So what Im saying is yesterday I didnt have the same amount of pull as I should have.

Starting from a roll like we were doing at an already high speed I had no choice but to start at around 4000rpm in 4th. Which on his car is pretty much the begining of his power band. Btw he has the 6speed. I was shifting a little bit later as my clutch was still cold. But yeah he is a more experienced driver than I. but this doesnt explain that I was pulling harder before as opposed to me. I did have the dsc on though.

We are waiting for summer before doing anything more.

I know the Xede obvioulsy wont help with driving skills, but this just makes me want to get it even more. Fact is, I will wait until some maps are available for the exhaust and intake mods. This is what makes the C-PE solution appealing.

Anyway, sorry for offtopic, wont threadjack anymore.

I also still have a Check engine light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.