Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was driving along at a steady 65 MPH in 6th and I went to pass another car. I quickly went to WOT on the throttle and just as the car began to accelerate, it lost all power for about 1/2 second and then it came right back and ran normally. It was like someone turned the key off for a fraction of a second. Car was fully warmed up, but it was very cold outside (-6F). That was the only time it did it.

Anyone else have this happen to them or does anyone know what would cause this?

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=warpspeed link=topic=69049.msg1196296#msg1196296 date=1170991923]
When you say loss of power....Did the RPM's drop to 0? Did the CEL turn on? Did your radio turn off? Did you lose power steering? Did you hear silence? Did any of the lights like the airbag light or any of the normal lights you would see on your dash when you start your car or turn off your car turn on?
[/quote]

I didn't notice anything other than the loss of power. My eyes were on the road so I wouldn't have notice any lights on the dash or the tach. It was kinda dark, so I probably would have noticed if the headlights went out. I don't think they did. After it happened, I checked and there was no CEL. Everything else was okay.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=69049.msg1196351#msg1196351 date=1170993993]
stepping on it in 6th going 65 , it was more of a hiccup, you might have seen a little smoke blow out the back if you where looking

am i right?
[/quote]

Yep, kinda like a hiccup. I didn't notice any smoke, but wasn't looking. Not a lag - it was a definite loss of power.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
[quote author=k4hscorpion link=topic=69049.msg1197491#msg1197491 date=1171047710]
Shouldn't you be shifting down to 5th gear if your only going 65 mph and plan on going WOT?
[/quote]

Nope. Why do you think we got these cars anyhow?

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
[quote author=TrueRedSpeed link=topic=69049.msg1198583#msg1198583 date=1171076659]
I brought my car in complaining of this problem, and also had the CEL on for code P2006. The problem was, "IMRC switch was not contacting IMRC valve actuator lever." They made the modification and we will see if that fixed it. The reason I'm righting this here is that there is a good chance that this issues is being caused by this, and all 3's are having trouble with this and the purge valve.
[/quote]

I had the CEL and got the valve fixed before having this issue with the power loss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.