Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have brought my car in for transmission work (third gear would pop out and grind everytime i put it in) and they took it apart and said all the gears were shot except for 5th. They also said that this could be a reason because of aftermarket parts (header, exhaust, intake, smaller tire size...wtf, engine mount, and a couple other small ones) and they assume because of the aftermarket parts, i beat the piss out of the car. They said they will warranty the transmission but after that, i lose the warranty. I remember reading about a document that is part of the law with warranties that unless the dealership can prove that the modification caused the problem, they have to warranty the part. Does anyone have any idea where that document is located?

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
bullshit...tell them your want a written detailed note about why or how the aftermarket parts are messing up the gears. (it's not) and tell them you plan on bringing it to a Machanic to look at it and if they deturmine other wise, you'll be reporting them to the BBB and MazdaUSA hq.

THe law is magnuss some thing...I forget the exact name. I believe the ruling was in the 70's

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
it's the magnusson-moss act

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
Yea, they really have to prove that you were abusing the car. Aftermarket power mods short of a shot of nitrous or turbo/supercharger probably can't cause that transmission to fail. I bet the tranny is rated for power well above what our engines put out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts