Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put on a stock mazdaspeed 3 exhaust on my sedan over the weekend. I deleted the second cat and stupidly the second resonator then extended the tip to sit flush with the bumper. It looks awesome and sounds absolutely sick! Its really deep and aggressive and sputters and pops alittle bit in between shifts :shock:. The only thing i dont like about it is thats its pretty loud (i feel like a ricer :x). I have a small exhaust leak where it bolts to the flex pipe which im gonna fix tomorrow and see how much quieter it is but im thinking about putting the second resonator back in. Think its gonna make a decent difference volume wise?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would put a 14" Magnaflow in place of the second resonator and put a HF cat & resonator on the first section. Have you driven on the highway yet? The HF cat and resonator will take care of that and the second 14" magnaflow will reduce the overall sound.

My HKS was loud as hell and droned like crazy, I added a maganflow HF cat & 24" Resonator to the front section custom 2.5" piping. The difference is night and day, deep tone not overly loud and basically no drone!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i really hate to get rid of that sputter/popping sound which i think would happen if i did a hf cat and muffler. i dint really want it loud before but i kinda like it now just not as loud as it is now. would putting the second resonator back in make much of a difference? maybe just a hf cat?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
A HF cat and resonator will keep the pops and gurgles. A muffler will take them away. I just added a vibrant header and got those sounds back. But, it's loud on WOT.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found out what i dont like about it. It sounds sicknasty at WOT but just cruising its loudest around 2500-3500rpm. Its really annoying cause thats right around where i shift so its crazy loud all the time! I wanna keep the WOT sound but wanna get rid of all the extra volume in the lower rpms where it is definitely the loudest what would you suggest? idle and top end volume is fine, it just gets extra loud around 2500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts