Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy that does mobile tinting, meaning he will come to my house and apply the tint. He said it takes 2-3 hours and it will be around $185 for the entire car. I was wondering if there is any benefit of going to an actual shop to get it done... Do they do anything different than this guy would have to do at my house? Any special machines/processes used in a shop? I just don't want to get it done and have it done wrong. Any information anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would have an indoors place do it. If it was me, I would be worried about particles getting under the tint if the guy wasn't doing it in a shop.

Just my opinion.

Good luck though...post pictures of your tint when its done :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it just seems more logical to have it done indoors, however, on his website it says his work is guaranteed. I'll have to get some quotes from indoor places and see the difference in prices. How much did you guys pay for your tint?

·
Registered
638 Posts
My dad had a guy come to our garage and do his past two cars, they've turned out great.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, this same guy did the tinting for a few neighbors down on the work van. It looks like its nice tint, no bubbles or tears or anything. Seems like a pretty legit guy. Pretty good price too, however, I don't know the price at an indoor shop.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
My mobile tinter has done all three of my vehicles in my 3 car garage, and they all turned out perfect. One window on my wife's Accord had to be redone, but that was because of a small tear that we both failed to see upon inspection, and he drove back out to my house to redo the window the next day. Most mobile tinters require either a garage, or a covered car port to do the installation in.

Darryl

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
ive had my car tinted twice. and price was roughly 180-200$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts