Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's not some random scammer for sure, but I have no idea really what to make of his story. AJ was aware of it, because he posted about it in the mod section earlier today, but it took a few hours to propagate through the DNSs apparently.

It just seems like there should be a way around it, since we were able to access the site until all the DNSs received the change and started pointing mnmazda.com to whatever server it's now pointing so--which seems to imply that the site is still on a server somewhere, ready to rock, but we're just being directed somewhere else. Then again, I've only got a crude understanding of that stuff, so who knows...

Also, apparently the owner of mitsustyle lives less than 2 blocks away on my street.

· Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=DrWebster link=topic=134853.msg2901174#msg2901174 date=1233347643]
[quote author=dmention7 link=topic=134853.msg2901142#msg2901142 date=1233347018]It just seems like there should be a way around it, since we were able to access the site until all the DNSs received the change and started pointing mnmazda.com to whatever server it's now pointing so--which seems to imply that the site is still on a server somewhere, ready to rock, but we're just being directed somewhere else. Then again, I've only got a crude understanding of that stuff, so who knows...
[/quote]

If we can find out the IP address of the server MNMazda's being hosted on, then we can take DNS out of the picture.
[/quote]

I tried looking it up earlier, but the lookup sites appeared to already have the updated info. And sites that will show you a history of DNS entries seem to all need paid subscriptions. Oh well.

WTF! Someone has donated $3.50! lol

· Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
http://72.167.222.118/forum/index

If you click links, it's going to redirect you back to the "pirated" home page. But if you type in all links replacing "mnmazda.com" with "72.167.222.118" you can navigate.

EDIT: actually, it looks like the forum links don't refer to the domain, only relative to the root directory, so you can navigate just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.