Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

one idea is bugging me for some time - is it possible to make LED type rear fog lamp? The one which is mounted in the sedan't trunk (left side). I don't like that the whole lamp is red. I am thinking if making it clear white as the reverse lamp, and to put led inside it, the one which is clear but when it lights up it becomes red. What do you think? Is it possible? Will led be strong enough for fog type lighting?

Cheers
Justin

·
Registered
528 Posts
First and foremost, I don't know the laws in UK.
Also, I don't know how the reverse light is wired (i.e. when or how do the fogs become activated).
If the rear fog light shares the same bulb as the reverse, then swapping out the reverse light housing and the bulb should take care of that.
Once again, I have no idea if the housing/diffuser/lens has to be red or not.

LEDs should be visible in the fog; one of those tiny keychain flashlights are advertised to be able to be seen from a mile away - if possible, however, you should opt for a wide beam instead of a narrow beam.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your thoughts. well the bulbs are the same - only the colours are different - one is red another (reverse) is white.. You are right about the laws, I don't know if the rear fog must have red lens, I only know that you have to have rear fog lamp in UK.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you wanted the housing, perhaps you can ask:
-a member on the forum (slim chance though, just for one housing)
-a junk yard

or, speedline international carries the clear reverse light housing (expensive though).

But please - check the laws first! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts