Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why is ford of Europe creating such attractive cars?!?! I'm seriously ready to give on North American division. If they can't port the C1 platform over for WHATEVER reason, is it THAT hard to design something attractive like that on our current platform? I mean it's just curves.

Why is Ford North American Design team so ****ing BOXY in everything they design. The cars here don't flow. You can differentiate the different parts. Okay these are the foglights, this is the hood, There's the front bumper. Door panels.... the entire doesn't FLOW and in most cases that's due to a bad design.

:( i'm a little sad.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the argument that the market here is different is bullshit. It's different yet so much the same. Volkswagon and Mazda are doing fantastic here and Mazda is borderline upscale in some of their bigger cars which is really nice.

The new Focus can comete with the Jetta. Why not?
If ford believes it's hard to change their brand and move it upscale a little but more then they should get out of the business because apparently they believe "Change" can't happen and yet they're trying to change what the consumers view is on Ford right now, "junk".

They should drop the Junk image and just go all out. I know it's a large investment, but it can start where their brand REALLY needs help, the Focus, their Vans, and Flagship sedan.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think Ford puts all the good ideas into Europe because their reputation isn't so great here in NA. Everyone wants a Mustang.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=ebhcr link=topic=69161.msg1199721#msg1199721 date=1171142473]
I think Ford puts all the good ideas into Europe because their reputation isn't so great here in NA. Everyone wants a Mustang.
[/quote]

I agree with you. They can change that. Look at Apple, and how the company turned things around recently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts