Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which model 3 did I need to get the MPG info ??? New 09' Sport but I don't see the info button. All i have is the 00 button. Any chance this could be added or is it part of the head unit ??

·
Registered
373 Posts
From what I have read on these forums, the :00 button is in the same place as either the "Set" or "Info" button on other models. I don't think anyone has figured out how to get the MPG info unlocked for an 09' yet. I have an 08' and also have the :00 button but no Info or Set.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The manual shows the info button, I guess its a feature that would have been added to the Touring ?? Seems kind of stupid not to but whatever. When I go in for the first oil change I will ask. Till then I will have to use the mush in my melon.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have been browsing the manual recently too and I have found many things in there that are not part of my car. You have to be careful, sometimes they have a * next to things that means it's only available in some models.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was getting excited at stereo shop when he said I had a MPG setting. The car is only 2 months young and I didn't get into the meat and potatoes of it all. Then I saw the 00 and felt disappointed, again whatever. If he didn't say so I probably would have never known.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
it's interesting to see current mileage as you're driving, but it's really not a big deal. i wouldn't miss it if it quit working.

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote author=Fireredv8 link=topic=136894.msg2951167#msg2951167 date=1235182515]
Which model 3 did I need to get the MPG info ??? New 09' Sport but I don't see the info button. All i have is the 00 button. Any chance this could be added or is it part of the head unit ??
[/quote]

I've got the '09 sport GT and it has the "info" button. Dumb question, but maybe you might have an '08 instead of the '09 like you thought? IIRC the '08s have the 00 button, or i just dont have a clue what i'm talking about lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Na, I have an 09' and its 00 for me. Guess a look at a upgraded head unit is in order. Won't spend much on it though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I dunno if this is true, but someone at the dealer told me that only the GTs have the info, as least for the mazdaspeed anyway.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=shawnmos link=topic=136894.msg2982530#msg2982530 date=1236567172]
I dunno if this is true, but someone at the dealer told me that only the GTs have the info, as least for the mazdaspeed anyway.
[/quote]

The GTs are the only ones who are supposed to have it. It's unlockable on some models that aren't supposed to have it, as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts