Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously the sound system is lacking. I'm willing to go through the effort of replacing the front and rear door speakers, but don't want (or really need) a subwoofer.

What speakers would you recommend? I want to better bass response and a fuller sound.

I read what vaboom did. Too much work involved in the front door / tweeter replacement for me. Can I use the recommended rear speakers in the front door, w/o replacing the tweeter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm thinking along the same lines... I want to change the speakers only for the time being.

I have the 6 disk changer in a sedan. Not being an audiophile, will I be able to hear a difference in sound quality if I change the 4 stock door speakers to Infinity (as an example) 5 x 7's? I'm just hoping for slightly more bass and overall a better sound quality. Not top of the line I know... But it's about the most effort and money I want to put in at the time.

To put it simply, would aftermarket speakers noticeably sound better than stock?

Thanks,
Mark Durgee

Silver Mazda3 Sedan
6 Disc Changer & Moonroof

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The gain is definately noticable. You will hear more depth, more color in your music. The stock speakers are very limited how low and loud they will play. When I first installed my CDTs, there was a big difference in sound and sheer output.

A few weeks ago, I did an install on a Ford F250. They didnt want 6.5" cuz of the extra charges, so I installed 2 sets of Infinity 5x7"s. The owner was absolutely impressed with the way it sounded now. He liked country, and now he was actually feel the low end that that music has to offer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Our speakers are 5x7's? aren't they 6x8? or soemthing?

btw i am planning to do the samething, just replace the speakers :lol:
i had a sub in my last car and getting bored of it by now coz only time i can turn it up is when i drive by myself and thats like 20% of my driving :x sucks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts