Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting RX-8 wheels on Sat. Any personal insight by anyone who has had rims done in Milwaukee on where to go? Rather not go to Chicago, either. Not sure I want to do it, but could be coaxed. Looking to do black (flat/matte) on Aurora Blue. A Shinka-like color would be my other idea. Those are the only two ideas I'm capable of. Thanks for any responses this may get.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to Hy-tech Wednesday. Going with 'Anthracite'. Kind of a dark grey metallic. Hope they will look alright. Thought black might be too riceish, regular silver too regular. Black chrome w/ clear was a thought. Pics as soon as I find some decent tires and I get the rims back.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
werd. pics man :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
75 a rim. A little pricey, but I think it should be worth it. It's a full-on shop, not some guy in a garage. Not that you can't get good results from a guy in a garage, just that most all of what they do are parts. Lots of Harley parts at that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you put them on yet. Show us some pics. I was thinking about the same color. But I got to get some RX8 rims first which I am still looking for.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
yea.. my dads front guard in Nissan Xterra is getting rusted.. I painted it twice for him already.. but rock chips get the paint off.... i was wondering about the powdercoating....
do you guys have a phone number to a local place in IL maybe ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not sure how to post pictures. Never tried myself. But your RX8 rims look awesome so far. Probs look even better on the car.

As far as powercoating in IL, not even sure. I'm a Wisconsinite so can't help you there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here we go... I know it needs a drop. Taking opinions on front and rear emblems/badges and caliper colors. So far I've got a grey caliper vote with a black or silver decal.

I'm also looking for help getting these images to fill the screen better. I'm using photobucket on a Mac with a 6mp camera. I just can't get the same results as others.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
i found someone that could do powdercoat in IL $75 per rim

·
Registered
426 Posts
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=139314.msg3066366#msg3066366 date=1239987464]
i found someone that could do powdercoat in IL $75 per rim
[/quote]

Where at?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts