Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a MAZDA2 H 4 SPEED AUTO HATCH MAXX - build date Dec 2010. I've had it 9 days and it has around 600km's.
I'm finding that I only get about 300 kms on a tank. I get the premium stuff too.
I drive in heavy peak hour traffic about 2 hours a day.

I'm just trying to find out what sort of mileage other 2 owners get, cause that cannot be normal!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've heard you don't want to use premium on a car with a compression ratio of less than roughly 9-10. You're engine would knock, if I wasn't so new.

I'm getting about 500 clicks to a tank in the city. Mind I've got a standard transmission, and am pinching my revs because gas is expensive. Try regular, and go slow on the highways if you have to. I get my best fuel economy at about 2500 rpms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so a month on, no more premium and i have been testing other fuels - E10 fuel and standard fuel.
I got about 330 with Caltex E10, about 270 with Shell E10 and around 300-320 on standard unleaded. If I drive carefully or like a maniac, it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I'm really not impressed with the fuel mileage at all. The Toyota Echo I traded in got a lot more km's per tank.

·
Registered
26 Posts
do you have the 1.5 or 1.3L eng? mazda recommends Regular unleaded 87 octane.

how many Liters can you fit into your tank/filler neck? I would avoid ethanol blends, it has a lower energy density than pure gasoline. an engine running ethanol blends will require a higher mass flow-rate of fuel to generate the same output as compared to pure petrol.

make sure the tires are at the correct pressure and assuming you're not lugging around a tool-chest or dead bodies in the boot, a lighter right foot is likely the only other option to generating higher fuel economy numbers.

Was the toyota a 5-spd or auto?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts