Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Hi all
I finally got myself a nice new debt....I mean Mica Black M3 GT no gfx
On the road 25.2 CDN (not sure if that's good or not, don't know if I want to know :? ).
Not taking delivery til first week of April. So they say "probably 4 weeks anyways..." but we all know the real deal. By the time it arrives the weather should be good :D :D

Did anyone buy any of the following items:
1. Extended warranty? How long?

2. Undercoating/rust protection/sound proofing package?

3. Paint protection?

Any of them worth it??? I'm still debating.

Getting excited, can't wait to get the car and meet up with fellow M3's and Proto's.

Thanks in advance.
Mig

===========
Edit: Thread title.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Mazda 160,000 km's / 84 months isn't worth it??? Why not? I was considering that over a GT package.. (GS instead..)

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Jerome81 said:
Those 3 things you mentioned are NEVER worth it. I'm sure others will chime in and say the same.
Yep...the supplement products they offer you are where they can make more money so you end up paying more there....most of the times it's a rip off. My advice from all the readings I've done on this is: stay away....

·
Registered
67 Posts
The extended from Mazda isn't worth it? Someone explain why this is so perilous..? I understand when it's, say, a Future Shop BS thing...but check the website; their omprehensive Mazda warranty covers everything...???

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not worth it.
Everything mentioned can be bought aftermarket and the money saved. The following example uses USD:
With the extended warrenty you pay starting from day one say an extra $35-$40 a month.
The basic warranty covers everything for the first four years, Cost of extended - roughly $2000. If invested you would have about $2200 in your pocket....see where this is going.
Most new cars today will run trouble free, with basic maintinence, for 7 - 10 years. Lets say 7(the extended you mentioned) - roughly $3500 spent on extended warrenty, plus investing - roughly $4000.
Now its time for a new car and have you used the extended warranty, most likely not and your out $4000 or a very nice down payment
The average time most people keep their car is 5 years and still out $2500. I'm a betting man, I'll take the odds

·
Registered
115 Posts
After some serious discussion with my Auto Body guy (my Uncle) I decided to go with the undercoat. The rust protector and paint protector (glorified turtle wax) are definatly not worth it <IMHO> But for a little extra sound proofing and protection the undercoat was. I'm going to go to a car detailer for the scotchguard cause $250 seemed crazy expensive to me.

As for the warrenty, I actually have no option <yet> as I haven't made up my mind yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. :)
keep the comments coming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts