Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm figuring on 294-(80-94)-65-(465 or 31) south. Please remember to meet on the SOUTHBOUND side of any Oasis. I will check and make updates in this thread until noon Friday.

Friday A.M. - Specifics to come later

Friday P.M. - 2 P.M. - I65 - Indiana
Ryz
iguanaboy

Friday P.M. - 4 P.M. Location unknown
sncc3

Friday P.M. - 6:30 P.M. Leave Lake Forest Oasis - 7:30 P.M. Leave Hinsdale Oasis
Anna-chan(24/7)
Aricjm15(24/7)
Fenrir(24/7)
Lord_Zath(24/7)
Suspect987(24/7)

Saturday A.M. -Specifics to come later
solidtrance

Unsure
Dream20b(evolvchicago)

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Re: Midwest Mazdafest Caravan - Chicago Area -

Ill go with ya ryzzzo if you can drive like your a ge cause my 2.0 won't keep up :lol:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

I think there is a meet up at the Lake Forest Oasis at around 6pm on the 17th to head down. Its over on mazdas247.com. Check it out.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[quote author=xsists link=topic=136556.msg2944431#msg2944431 date=1234935960]
I think there is a meet up at the Lake Forest Oasis at around 6pm on the 17th to head down. Its over on mazdas247.com. Check it out.
[/quote]

Yeah, but they're combining it with that rally thing and not doing highways from what I understood. If they stayed on 294 it's about an hour to the Hinsdale Oasis maybe 1.5 to the Lincoln Oasis after they they leave out. I'm thinking Hinsdale Oasis at this point on the Southbound side. If you're heading north on 294 you'd need to go to Ogden Ave then make a U at the cloverleaf. What would be a good time if nothing gets combined with 24/7 and others?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

From what I saw they were scrapping the rally on the way there. The idea was to rally back or something. They are planning on all going together at this point and the point of the rally was to take separate routes. I was talking to a friend that has been following the thread (we are a bit more north, from WI) and he was saying how they scrapped the rally idea because that was my main reason for not wanting to meet up with them.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

If they meet lake forest at 6, eat, bs a little then roll out, figure 7. Those planning on eating would meet around 7 at Hinsdale to roll out around 8. Can any body coordinate with them? Also if folks have other times they'd like to shoot for post them up as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts

I will roll with one, gonna register next week

·
Registered
110 Posts

yeah, we scrapped our rally thing. we'll do that on another date.

I think we talked a little bit about this at the meet on saturday. we are totally down for meet up with you guys at the hindsdale oasis. ryz, your times were pretty accurate as far as what we've planned.

we did however suggest getting radios to make the caravan a little more organized. how many people do you think you'll have with you?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Couldn't say at this point. Not to many posting yet. Remember folks, we can set up multiple leave times if people want to hook up earlier during the day and early Saturday morning as well. I think a few here have radios. I might be able to pick some up as well.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

[quote author=sncc3 link=topic=136556.msg2959821#msg2959821 date=1235540729]
I'm interested in meeting up. I took off Friday to get my 3 cleaned up though and would prefer to leave 4ish.
Let me know.
[/quote]

Where would you figure on meeting up with somebody? Post your wanted start time and location and I'll start adding to the OP.

·
Registered
12,758 Posts

Ryzzzzzoooo u know I'm ride or die, as long as I don't get left like last meet lol

I would like to leave friday, AM, (as long as early I'm not anal about time)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

I won't be leaving WI till about 5pm. If anyone wants to meet on the way down (like stated above, some are meeting at the Oasis') then I'll meet up. I've done this drive many times all by myself. I know I have another from WI coming down with me.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

[quote author=Strato.BLUE.3 link=topic=136556.msg2985924#msg2985924 date=1236714693]
Ryzzzzzoooo u know I'm ride or die, as long as I don't get left like last meet lol[/quote]

I'll only leave ya in my dust. :lol: It looks like I might have a couple radios. My bro in law let me borrow a couple. Cobras and a GE. They have 14 channels. Is that what we need?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

[quote author=xsists link=topic=136556.msg2986065#msg2986065 date=1236718367]I've done this drive many times all by myself. [/quote]

I'm going to be continuing down to Florida after the fest. It will be my 9th time driving down in 8 years. 1300 miles one way. It's surprisingly comfortable in the MS3.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

[quote author=Ryz link=topic=136556.msg2986309#msg2986309 date=1236724088]
[quote author=xsists link=topic=136556.msg2986065#msg2986065 date=1236718367]I've done this drive many times all by myself. [/quote]

I'm going to be continuing down to Florida after the fest. It will be my 9th time driving down in 8 years. 1300 miles one way. It's surprisingly comfortable in the MS3.
[/quote]

Yeah, I drove to Myrtle Beach to EECMM last year straight 18 hours and it wasn't too bad. The 18 hour straight drive to Fort Benning, GA was terrible in my old winter beater Civic.

·
Registered
272 Posts

xsists said:
I won't be leaving WI till about 5pm. If anyone wants to meet on the way down (like stated above, some are meeting at the Oasis') then I'll meet up. I've done this drive many times all by myself. I know I have another from WI coming down with me.
I have to work so I'll be leaving later also. Group over on 247 is leaving around 7, I might hook up with them

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

[quote author=iguanaboy link=topic=136556.msg2986656#msg2986656 date=1236733438]
xsists said:
I have to work so I'll be leaving later also. Group over on 247 is leaving around 7, I might hook up with them
[/quote]

Read the OP. Them is us. But I guess you're them now.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts