Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I plug my Zune into that aux jack in the center console? Any particular cable type?

Will I get any information through the head unit?

Forgive me if there's a topic out there I missed.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I have a zune too, this I am curious about. I am assuming you just need the audio wiring like a double side wire...I have no idea what to call this so forgive me if I sound stupid but do they sell something that has a jack that plugs into where the headphones plug into on the MP3 player but instead of headphones its another jack that plugs into the audio aux in the car for output through the speakers? Do I make any sense whatso ever?

I just reread what I wrote and I swear I just went cross eyed!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radio Shack has them but they are way too long. You could cut it and make it shorter I guess. I would assume that it would work. I just didn't know if there was a better way.

The shortest cable I've seen is 3'. Way too long. Really only needs to be about 1' IMO.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radio Shack sells gold 3.5mm jacks. So you can make your own cable the length you need. I think I'm going to go over there today and try to pick the stuff up to make it. I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a Zune and a iaudio X5L... the X5L sounds better and has better battery life than the zune, lasts 35 hours or so compared the 12-15 you get from the zune... and it has way more options than the zune does, like USB host for cameras and such and you can record from FM radio or an input... but the zune has a nicer screen to it... You can get a monster cable for the aux input for less than 20 bucks on ebay, atleast you would put a good cable into the aux input.

just get a car docking system for the zune and then you can see what you are looking at, the screen is big enough for it

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to leave the Zune in the center console and just create playlists for what I want to listen to ... While it would have been nice for iPod integration I really like the Zune better. The screen is much bigger and the XB360 integration was a really nice bonus.

I just got the car Wednesday and don't want to start cutting it up to install the dock.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=MZ3sZoomZoom link=topic=70780.msg1241058#msg1241058 date=1172759904]
You should be able to just plug it in and go. How are you liking the Zune so far?
[/quote]

I really like it. Battery life leaves a lot to be desired when watching videos (about 3-4 hours). But the screen is huge and the software is pretty good. There are some things that need to be worked out (like folder synch/discovery and being able to delete stuff off the Zune easily).

I'm hoping that some of the things like not being able to record a show with Windows Media Center and watch it on the Zune get fixed. That's a reason I bought the Zune in the first place. I want it to work with all my MSFT stuff.

It's a good first step and I'm glad I got it instead of the iPod.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I just bought a cable from Radio Shack and the @#$ Media button doesn't do anything. I have Sirius radio but I thought the Media button is for the Aux input in the center console?

Do I need to do something special?

·
Registered
160 Posts
the sirius is taking place of your aux port. You have to unplug it from the back of the radio and plug in the aux port... OR... if you want to use both you have to buy the part that is stated in your armrest console.
There is a message there, in the armrest console... read it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts