Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love these guys. They hold the road on curves and in the pouring rain. ....and my [glow=green,2,300][panzer][/glow] tank gets at least 50 more gallons per tank. i guess that seems so dramatic because of the shitty RSAs?

if you're looking for a good tire, Michelin Pilot Exalto AS.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
And here I thought you were going to ask if anyone had them. They are nice, but they're abit pricy for me. Yokohama yk520's here.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I'd buy a set of those right now if they weren't like $160/tire. I'm pretty sick of the RSA's though, so I may just save up my pennies and buy them anyway.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well worth the saved pennies. i paid $168/per through discount tire.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
interesting, I just decided on these tires as the set I am getting, ordered them tonight from costco. $600 total installed, they are running $60 off if you buy a set of 4.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
[quote author=Self_Destructive link=topic=67265.msg1155985#msg1155985 date=1169140840]
I love these guys. They hold the road on curves and in the pouring rain. ....and my tank gets at least 50 more gallons per tank. i guess that seems so dramatic because of the shitty RSAs?

[/quote]

you drive a tank? WWII era maybe?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Why all seasons, though? You're paying what you'de normally pay for an ultra high performance tire at that price?

Get yourself some steelies, used alloys or whatever and even cheapo winters will give better traction in the winter, if you ever get winter, that is. :D

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=67265.msg1157364#msg1157364 date=1169196701]
[quote author=Self_Destructive link=topic=67265.msg1155985#msg1155985 date=1169140840]
I love these guys. They hold the road on curves and in the pouring rain. ....and my tank gets at least 50 more gallons per tank. i guess that seems so dramatic because of the shitty RSAs?

[/quote]

you drive a tank? WWII era maybe?
[/quote]

Sherman FTW!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=67265.msg1157380#msg1157380 date=1169200431]
Why all seasons, though? You're paying what you'de normally pay for an ultra high performance tire at that price?

Get yourself some steelies, used alloys or whatever and even cheapo winters will give better traction in the winter, if you ever get winter, that is. :D
[/quote]

these will be the winter set, 17's are to small for my summer tires, I will be getting 18's with an ultra high proformance fore summer and these will be my winter tires.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you're correct, we do not get "winter" in atlanta. and the A/S were cheaper than the regular Exalto's.

and yes, i drive a panzer when the sun goes down.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just had the Exaltos installed on my 3 over the weekend. I haven't done any insane driving, but so far, I'm very pleased. I'll post an update after a few weeks of driving. I paid $666 to tire rack and $72 for the installation. I hope they last as long as advertised. Unlike with the RSAs, I can't wait for some rain and/or snow to test them out :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
[quote author=demosthenes link=topic=67265.msg1176124#msg1176124 date=1170141111]

Are the Exalto's quieter than the stock RSA's?

Is the handling better than the RSA's?

What tire pressures are you using?

Thanks.

D.
[/quote]

The Exaltos seem to have about the same noise level as the RSAs (not too loud in my opinion).

Dry grip is about the same as the RSAs, but the sidewalls are slightly softer so they can get the slightest bit off track when hitting a bump mid-corner. Wet and snow grip is vastly superior than the RSAs.

I'm running the stock tire pressures.

·
Registered
385 Posts
[quote author=demosthenes link=topic=67265.msg1216456#msg1216456 date=1171896902]
Thanks birdman.

Did you buy the Exalto A/S (high performance all season) or the PE2 (ultra high performance summer)?

D.

[/quote]

I got the all-seasons, bought from tirerack, and installed at NTB.

·
Registered
781 Posts
So last week I found out my back RS-As had broken belts and lumps all over the outer tread rings... Got 2 exaltos installed at NTB for $475 -- (includes balancing and rotation) more than tirerack but less that another place I went. Is 36,000 good for RS-As that have never been on the front?

I had to get Bridgestone G009s on the front in Dec because they were the only thing I could get (Exaltos were on back order!) otherwise I'd have all 4 exaltos now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts