Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Doesn't rotate the way I want for one. Two at nationals the car WILL push like hell.

I was running the stock bar. As of tonight it's disconnected. Feels a bit softer up front but better somehow LOL...I may go up to 12k fronts later in the month. But I'm 90% sure I'll be at a 14k or 16k rear spring when it's all dialed it. I've only got a few months to get it how I like it :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've only got a few months to get it how I like it :)
Go ahead... rub it in.

3 months from now is the first week of May. Last year, we had snow in Minnesota during the first week of May. Ridiculous. We get 5 months of autocross and 7 months of silly-season. Just ridiculous.

I'll be lucky to have the car put together in time for our first event in May. Then I have 2-3 weeks to dial it in before Spring Nats. Minnesota is not an autocross-friendly state.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Doesn't rotate the way I want for one. Two at nationals the car WILL push like hell.

I was running the stock bar. As of tonight it's disconnected. Feels a bit softer up front but better somehow LOL...I may go up to 12k fronts later in the month. But I'm 90% sure I'll be at a 14k or 16k rear spring when it's all dialed it. I've only got a few months to get it how I like it :)
Makes me wonder if a BRB ( Big Rear Bar) like the Hotchkis, Tri-point ect would get you similar results without crazy high rear rates.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That's on the list LOL...Mack had 1000lbs on the rear of his MS3 don't forget ;) So to me 800-850 isn't crazy...yet. :)

Should tow the trailer nice though :)

And ya as I said the MS3 rear bar isn't gonna cut it ;)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Interesting, I'm going to have to take a stroll through the Whiteline catalog and see what all they have for a Mazda3.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Interesting, I'm going to have to take a stroll through the Whiteline catalog and see what all they have for a Mazda3.
They say, "Speed is expensive; how fast would you like to go"?

:grin::grin::grin:

I suspect there are more speed parts out there than I have money over here.:shocked:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Surprised about the spring rates. A bit higher than I would think necessary. Then again I ran last year on stock springs up until Nationals. Have to get a little bit more serious with setup moving to an even more underdog class.

Very good question about the Whiteline bushings. What exactly is legal to run in ST? Would be helpful to put a list together.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
^^^
Unless the ST rules changed a lot from when I raced, bushings were legal as long as they contained no more metal than the stock pieces. You could run poly, just not non-compliance spherical bearings (unless the car had them stock.)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Bushings yes but the anti lift setup they sell I don't believe is legal since it changes the geometry somehow...

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KCA428

I suppose I could write a letter...but I can't afford it LOL so it's a moot point now.

As far as the spring rates I just used math...I went a certain percentage softer than what Mack ran in STX on his car. The ride is not as great as I had hoped...but that's probably because I need to stiffen the suspension back up so it bounces less :) On the street.

I'm debating on a slighty bigger bar in the back...we'll see...I hated the binding feeling the super big rear bar gives sometimes on FWD cars...so I'd rather make the springs a bit stiffer. :)

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Changing the geometry within the confines of the stock bushing location, I'm not sure. I know you can't alter the suspension mounting points, but using a bushing with the hole drilled off center.

I'd definitely ask a national SCCA guy before I'd try that. It could go either way.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
New exhaust should be here in about 7-10 days... $310 or so shipped...with a cat :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Would have been top pax...ran in another class...3rd fastest overall at the event. I LOVE the rain and wet weather :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Screw Blytheville...my clutch can't handle more than 1 Pro this year :(

I MIGHT hit dixie and sleep in a tent or something LOL...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Me too! Anyone going to Blytheville next month?
I'll be seeing you there :)

Come camp out at Blytheville David! The clutches in these cars seem to last forever. Finally going to change mine out later this month when the trans is out but it still works ok after 172,000 miles and 1000+ autocross runs/launches :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll be seeing you there :)

Come camp out at Blytheville David! The clutches in these cars seem to last forever. Finally going to change mine out later this month when the trans is out but it still works ok after 172,000 miles and 1000+ autocross runs/launches :D
I want to go, but it's looking pretty doubtful for me. I was just curious who was planning to go. I'm hoping to get a couple Pro's in so I can do the Finale. Current plan is to do Lincoln in the Spring and Wilmington. I'm really wishing I had planned ahead more for Blytheville. :sadder:

41 - 60 of 259 Posts