Registered
486 Posts
12K = ???

So where is the chart to help those of us still metrically illiterate?:huh:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks. Also found this:

Springs are rated in pounds/inch in the U.S., and Newtons/millimeter elsewhere. I have not seen kilograms/millimeter before, but the conversion will be easy enough.

1 pound = 0.45359237 kilogram
1 inch = 25.4 millimeter
0.45359237/25.4 = 0.0178579673228346

The conversion factor is 0.0178579673228346

So, to convert lb/in to kg/mm you multiply by 0.0179 and to convert kg/mm to lb/in you divide by 0.0179
So my car will be.......... F/R 7/9

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Coilovers installed

·
Registered
486 Posts
Classing Question

Nice looking stuff.... what size rear springs are those, the 2.5", or larger ID?

Regarding the STF Class rules, you are not allowed to modify, cut, or enlarge the top hole on the strut tower.
Your picture seems to indicate that you may have done so.:thinking:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ahh...well I"m off to fix that. Good news is I just bent it a bit.

Now to bend it back, remove the adjustment knob and use a regular allen key for adjustment :) Thanks for catching that Scott. Better now than In September LOL

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
FIXED!!! So now I need to adjust with a regular 3mm allen wrench. No biggie :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nice job, and glad it was only bent. Likely at most local events that your fellow STF competitors would not raise any concerns (depending on how intense they are), but at the larger National events count on it!

Especially if you beat a few of them.:chuckles:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
They made a heck of an offer. I prefer monotubes so that's why no KW/mazdaspeed for me. The car rides SOOOOO smooth. I love it :)

BCs with Swifts? Didn't see that coming. Was expecting a KW variant.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
All I can say is WOW!!!

Codriver (Jan) took too pax since I was in basically SSM on street tires. :)

Drove wonderfully. Love these! I think I'll be going to a 14k or 16k rear spring later. I have a ms3 rear bar and really don't wanna go bigger. Ran the rear compression up to full hard and wow it was awesome. But too much for today's wet surface.

I had the 3rd fastest time in competition (53.42 and 53.45 were the top two cars...stu egos on zIIs) with a 53.8. In my double entry runs I had a 53.5. :)

Needless to say I'm stoked. Right outta the box I think it's faster than the mini was last year. :) yay!!!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Um....like 0.05 degrees out on each side in the rear and 0.04 out on each front wheel.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Rid Height vs Camber

For comparison, what ride height do you have front and rear? Especially interested in the distance from the center of the wheel to the fender lip. That takes the size of the wheels and tires out of the equation.

Then, what camber does that create for you front and rear?

I'm starting at zero toe front and rear with my setup. Worked well before the GC coil-overs, changing as little as possible for next event.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Well I'm less camber up front than you. It's between 2.5 and 3.0...the machine said 2.8 at first then 2.6 after. 1.4 out back. Fender to center measurements...no idea yet.

EDIT:
13.25F and 13.75R

·
Registered
486 Posts
Camber

Well I'm less camber up front than you. It's between 2.5 and 3.0...the machine said 2.8 at first then 2.6 after. 1.4 out back. Fender to center measurements...no idea yet.

EDIT:

13.25F and 13.75R
Aha. So we are close.

Right now I'm 13.5f and 13.75r, and our front camber is within about .5 degrees. My rear camber is around -2.0.

When you installed your front strut insulators, did you tap the three bolts as far inward as you could? They will move a little.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
As far as I know it's in as far as I can get it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What exactly is the car doing (or not doing) that makes you want to increase the rear spring rates? Are you currently running the stock front swaybar?

21 - 40 of 259 Posts