Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, I know this is a location-specific Q, and that there are forums for this, but I'm posting here because I'm not so sure everybody visits the NY forum. You can move this as necessary, but it'd be much appreciated if it could get some attention first at least.

To all the NYC-area MS3s, I think it's time for some kinda g2g. It seems we've grown a relatively decent-sized group of owners around the area, and it's still going. Only right that we get acquainted!

Winter is here, but I've never let the cold stop me, personally. Besides, the weather's been pretty damn tame, if ya ask me. That, and it's great temps for the turbo ;)

So, how about that folk-tale of an NYC MS3 photoshoot?

Let's do this!!! 8)

·
Registered
224 Posts
you know i'm down. Take the lead and make the plans.. i'll be there. Besides, i'd like to pick your guys brains a bit since i'm a noob when it comes to sports cars.

=) =)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=BanKai link=topic=66840.msg1147929#msg1147929 date=1168713828]
you know i'm down. Take the lead and make the plans.. i'll be there. Besides, i'd like to pick your guys brains a bit since i'm a noob when it comes to sports cars.

=) =)

[/quote]

Sounds good, but all I ask is that you bring the camera ;)

Let's get the others to chime in. I want to see who's down and what dates are perhaps NOT good, so we can work around those.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I may be down depending on when and where...
I've only seen one other MS3 on the road but it had DC plates. He gave me the wassap honk on the BQE.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I'm in 8)
Biggest problem as I see it being in NYC where can we go to both shoot the cars and have some fun driving them?!

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
come to the meet right over the bridge...we meet in paramus every sunday...the 3 speeds are welcome if not wanted at the 3 meets....

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where exactly in Paramus? I'm guessing...Paramus Park?

This might be a drive for some people, but I was thinking a g2g in Bear Mountain would be sweet 8)

Great driving roads, beautiful scenery for pics...the mountain's a common place for g2g's for both bikes and cars. Can get crowded at times during the summer.

Or...we could do a g2g in Paramus, BS alil with each other, perhaps eat or something if you want, and then head up to Bear Mountain, which isn't a very long drive from there. I could see that not working for some (distance and time being issues), but just throwing out an idea.

How's that sound to y'all?

·
Registered
224 Posts
[quote author=jdesclafani link=topic=66840.msg1149556#msg1149556 date=1168815700]
actually at the garden state plaza its like 4 seconds from the paramus park mall
[/quote]

I was just at the GSP a few weeks ago. that place is enormous. It's so much bigger than when i used to go all the time when i was in h.s.

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
wen the weather is nice we do it everysunday... we are going out to eat on the 21 i think to the cheesecake factory look for the thread...

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I'd be fine with Bear Mt. or Paramus (if given some directions.)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=Mostly Harmless link=topic=66840.msg1149638#msg1149638 date=1168820895]
Depending on when you guys do this I might be up for it.
[/quote]

So what kind of dates are NOT good for you? Or what is good for you? What days are not good? We all have different obligations on different days, so I posted this thread for others to throw out days or dates that may or may not work.

I would say let's try and meet with the Jersey crew on the 21st, but I, myself, won't be in town unfortunately. Though, GSP is a good location for me, too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Right now any dates before the 1st week in Feb. The car isn't due until then :shock:. After that I would be up for anything. I am coming from LI so I hope that doesn't matter to much.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Feb.3, 4 and the long weekend of Feb. 16 are no good for me. I could do a meet on a Friday, Sat, or Sun.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sup fellas? Lately, I just haven't had much time to plan anything cool, like a g2g that includes a convenient location, nice area for a photoshoot, and a cruise afterward...

So, I was thinking perhaps for the very short term that we have a 'minor' g2g, just so we can at least meet each other and match a face with a name.

Location ideas, in no particular order:
1. Palisades Mall in West Nyack, NY; J Lot
2. Garden State Plaza; Lot used by NNJ Mazda3 guys

Date ideas, in no particular order:
1. This Friday 1/26, any convenient time depending on work schedules
2. This Sunday, 12-3 pm (perhaps with the NNJ Mazda3 guys? All for that, if possible)

If not, then the the second or third weekend of February would probably be the most convenient for me, personally. I have a couple of work dates juggling around in Feb., which makes it difficult marking specific dates.

Anyway, again, just a short g2g to meet up. No fancy BBQs or part installations or cruises. Just an introduction.

So...anyone down?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts