Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 07 mazda3 s-touring 5spd. I'm looking to purchase aftermarket aluminum pedals. Know where I can get a good price for good ones, and directions on how to replace the rubber pedals?

thanks!

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
directions have been posted in this forum. search will help you.

google aftermarket pedals and you will find a ton of pedals.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
werd

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry about that, guys...im pretty much looking to buy today, and was trying to get the fastest response possible. wont happen again ;)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Pretty much any but the Mazda ones are gonna be a drill in. Given the shape of our pedals, it is quite cumbersome and time consuming to install them. I have the Sparco Grip pedals in mine.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I've got a set of the AutoVation pedals and love them. They're a bit pricey, but they were exactly what I was looking for.
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=82

They're drill-in, but the install didn't seem to be as bad as a lot of people made it out to be. It may be because the AutoVations use self-tapping screws on the gas pedal intead of a bolt/nut combo, though.

Andrew Beard

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i tried the pedal covers that slip ontop of the stock pedals, and use braces to stay in place. it may have been me being in a hurry, but I couldnt get the gas pedal brackets to clasp on anywhere, so i returned them. Its a shame, too, because they're nice looking, and real cheap.

·
Registered
611 Posts
[quote author=mazda3strng link=topic=66687.msg1145105#msg1145105 date=1168560794]
i tried the pedal covers that slip ontop of the stock pedals, and use braces to stay in place. it may have been me being in a hurry, but I couldnt get the gas pedal brackets to clasp on anywhere, so i returned them. Its a shame, too, because they're nice looking, and real cheap.
[/quote]

and dangerous. I don't like pedal covers because of an experience i had in my saturn while using some. The bolts / clamps caused the brake to not depress as far as it could and i nearly rear-ended someone because of it. Another time, i went to slam the brakes and the cover slid off the brake pedal, leaving my foot somewhere other than on the brakes.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea, ill just stick to the rubber until I get a few bucks to get professional ones...and ill just hope my drilling skills are on point that day.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
[quote author=bearda link=topic=66687.msg1145088#msg1145088 date=1168560298]
I've got a set of the AutoVation pedals and love them. They're a bit pricey, but they were exactly what I was looking for.

They're drill-in, but the install didn't seem to be as bad as a lot of people made it out to be. It may be because the AutoVations use self-tapping screws on the gas pedal intead of a bolt/nut combo, though.

Andrew Beard
[/quote]

Autovation is the way to go!!

I agree, they're a little pricey but well worth it. Drilling the brake pedal was the hardest for me. Everything else wasn't as bad. They look awesome.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
[quote author=mazda3Sguy link=topic=66687.msg1155164#msg1155164 date=1169088177]
[quote author=bearda link=topic=66687.msg1145088#msg1145088 date=1168560298]

Andrew Beard
[/quote]

Autovation is the way to go!!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2278000-2278999/2278809_31_full.jpg[img]

I agree, they're a little pricey but well worth it. Drilling the brake pedal was the hardest for me. Everything else wasn't as bad. They look awesome.
[/quote]

I'm getting that exact set at some point this summer. My feet keep sliding around on the rubber pedals during winter :(

Though next time I buy from falcontx, I'm getting a credit card first. Waiting after paypal is a bitch :p

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
[quote author=tim-bit link=topic=66687.msg1230416#msg1230416 date=1172373956]
I'm getting that exact set at some point this summer. My feet keep sliding around on the rubber pedals during winter :(
Though next time I buy from falcontx, I'm getting a credit card first. Waiting after paypal is a bitch :p
[/quote]

The autovation set is awesome but snow is snow. I live in WI and when your shoes are wet and cover in snow, they're gonna slide no matter what. I normally wear freaking dress shoes for work but haven't had any problems with them sliding bad anyways.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=mazda3Sguy link=topic=66687.msg1237576#msg1237576 date=1172624630]
The autovation set is awesome but snow is snow. I live in WI and when your shoes are wet and cover in snow, they're gonna slide no matter what. I normally wear freaking dress shoes for work but haven't had any problems with them sliding bad anyways.
[/quote]

My autovation set has done pretty well through the winter. It's definitely helped reduce foot slippage due to grit coming along with snow, though. Those little circular "rims" on the pedal do more than help you grip. They may have actually helped me stay on the brake pedal when a guy driving in front of me slammed on his brakes on the beltway. Granted, that didn't stop the car behind me from plowing into my bumper, but I got stopped without hitting anything...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts