Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been surfing the forums for a long while, but just read and rarley posted. So I finally decided to make my own thread. I used to own a 2004 mazda 3, but um...

...yeah. T-boned by a minivan.. blacked out... accelerator.. through a ditch.. hospital. Not fun. Im fine now.

So after not having a car for what seemed like an eternity, I have returned. Just a bit more speedy this time. So without further adieu i present to you Daphne.
Shes a 2008 black mica speed 3.

March 14th:
So yesterday in light of a having a new car, had finished washing her for the first time (then it rained), and finally having a replacement camera battery and charger (... i left mine in a hotel room.) I went on a little photoshoot. I know a little about car photography and photography in general, but i still consider myself mostly a novice so be gentle : P Also I made a temporary tag for fun until i can put my license plate on there, I sprayed it on the back of the dealer tag. It was the first thing to pop into my mind. (thats the font from L4D if anyone was curious)
All of these were taken with a Canon Rebel XT and a 18 - 55 mm IS lens.

·
Registered
219 Posts
really nice fotos! pickin up my 09 MGM speed 3 GT tomorrow! i will post pics soon and hope they come out as nice as yours did. have any plans for daphne? oh, and most importantly, glad you are alright from the wreck. looks like it was a doozie.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, well the pin stripes where on it when i bought it, but i cant decide if i like them or not.
And as far as plans go - i really want to pick up a cobb turbo back exhaust, but um abit broke. Also as far as exterior i really wanna do a black and dark blue/regular blue theme. But well see.

Edit: And I think a blue pin stripe where that is would look good, but i dont know how hard that would to do. Im assuming i could find pin stripe decal tape stuff similar to the whats there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its pretty scary to think about, but i don't remember anything actually. We think I hit my head on the side window and blacked out.

I think the minivan had just gotten off an off ramp from the interstate and i was pulling out of a gas station. When it hit, I blacked out, hit the accelerator, went across the street without hitting anything, and through a ditch.

Spent a week in the hospital, and had some bleeding in the brain. But it cleared up and no real damage. It was weird waking up in the hospital though, I don't remember the first night though - morphine and all. But i do remember the word catheter followed by copious amounts of pain.

Edit: Thanks to some headaches, I was disheartened to learn that my particular 3 didnt have side curtain airbags.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
shiz. Good thing you're still functional, cuz a blow to the head can lead to bad things.

As for teh car, I love me a black speed, which is what color I would buy. I like the white paintstripes and I think a white/black theme would be an innovative color scheme. Black and blue sounds cool, but I don't know about a car thats "beat up" lol. Do what you want...

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
:shock:
it's a act of god that you were able to come out of that accident without any permanent damage. that's soo awesome.

welcome back to the community, hope the ms3 treats you well. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I know it could have ended up much worse, and getting back into a car to drive after that was the weirdest feeling as well.

But it is so nice finally having a car of my own to drive around, and so far shes been great. ^_^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts