Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is better? Streetunit's Aluminum 3 pc motor mounts or Medival's MM?
Medival's are about half of the price as the SU ones, Can anyone explain the difference in quality or why one is better than the other...

·
Registered
516 Posts
The Medival mount is nice...I've always worried about vibes from a mount that would be as sturdy as this, but after about a week, I forgot all about it. Never owned Streetunit's mount but I KNOW you can't go wrong with the Medival one

·
Registered
300 Posts
[quote author=08blackspeed link=topic=140027.msg3018195#msg3018195 date=1238049855]
Medival's are about half of the price as the SU ones, Can anyone explain the difference in quality or why one is better than the other...
[/quote]

Medieval has been having too many issues lately. I bought their side mounts but returned them after problems aaronc7 and bioevolve went through. I simply cannot risk the inegrity of the car with their parts. Luckily, their Rear Mount V2 is doing fine in my car.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
[quote author=filphil link=topic=140027.msg3020868#msg3020868 date=1238159080]
[quote author=08blackspeed link=topic=140027.msg3018195#msg3018195 date=1238049855]
[/quote]

Medieval has been having too many issues lately. I bought their side mounts but returned them after problems aaronc7 and bioevolve went through. I simply cannot risk the inegrity of the car with their parts. Luckily, their Rear Mount V2 is doing fine in my car.
[/quote]

filphil,

I wish you did keep those mounts. I received them on Friday from you, and we installed them on local a customer's car today. They performed FLAWLESSLY with very little vibration and a very satisfied customer.

08blackspeed,

There is only one other company that can compare to the Medieval mounts, and that's CP-e. The bushing that Medieval uses is a higher quality material than the SU mount. And also there's the price. Medieval understands times are a little harder on people's pockets to modify their cars.

2 piece package $155 SHIPPED;
http://www.darkstarmotorsports.com/index_files/Page9318.htm

3 piece package $190 SHIPPED;
http://www.darkstarmotorsports.com/index_files/Page9245.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts