Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does the break in usually take? Im at about 250miles right now gotta say i love the crisp feeling :). I am from Hawaii and summer isnt really friendly I like to take advantage of having A/C and I was wondering to those who have broken in their motor mounts how was it compared to the break in process? I am a bit worried and I expected the vibrations when the a/c is on but im just wondering if it will tone down a bit more. I downloaded seismometer for the Iphone and I will be posting some pictures tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
994 Posts
usually around 500 miles for the rear motor mount.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
i have my mount for about 2 months already.. and vibrations are minimal

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah, the vibs are not that bad. It actually feels like a car now. i think all of the people who bitch about the vibs have never driven a real sports car. Have and a 600whp mustang and that thing vibrated, this aint shit to that. I am actually glad I can fell the car now. Best mod so far.

·
Registered
462 Posts
[quote author=sleep_er link=topic=135988.msg2928829#msg2928829 date=1234359599]
How long does the break in usually take? Im at about 250miles right now gotta say i love the crisp feeling :). I am from Hawaii and summer isnt really friendly I like to take advantage of having A/C and I was wondering to those who have broken in their motor mounts how was it compared to the break in process? I am a bit worried and I expected the vibrations when the a/c is on but im just wondering if it will tone down a bit more. I downloaded seismometer for the Iphone and I will be posting some pictures tomorrow morning.
[/quote]

Cool, hey show me where you got your seismometer app... Would be awesome to get some data from various mounts with the same program. Probably the only way we're going to get any meaningful comparisons besides "the vibes aren't too bad with my xyz solid mount, honest! I mean, it was better than <insert previously-owned riced-up car here>" Just need to make sure we're all testing the same way.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stock Idle with no A/C stock idle WITH a/c

Very first start up

Medievil mm idle With A/C

a week later a week later w/ ac

Im pretty sure its toned down a bit since ive been driving around a lot ive reached the 600 mile mark today. I will take new data tomorrow and post them i know there is absolutely no difference (well it feels like it) at idle and just a tad bit with the a/c on depends on the weather as well when its cold.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the large sizes dont know how to resize them through the web. Also the description of the data is above each image. Cabin noise has obviously changed due to the transfer of the vibration. It has settled down since then though. I love the feeling of first second and third now!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=That1RowdyRacer link=topic=135988.msg2934506#msg2934506 date=1234546387]
Yeah, the vibs are not that bad. It actually feels like a car now. i think all of the people who bitch about the vibs have never driven a real sports car. Have and a 600whp mustang and that thing vibrated, this aint shit to that. I am actually glad I can fell the car now. Best mod so far.
[/quote]

Sorry ive never owned any other vehicles that have even passed the 200whp mark.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Is this iphone app free? What is it called? I want to try it out and I will post the results if the app is free... I have ETD and rear mount so I'm curious how it compares to yours...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
[quote author=ryukensfj link=topic=135988.msg2936322#msg2936322 date=1234606981]
Is this iphone app free? What is it called? I want to try it out and I will post the results if the app is free... I have ETD and rear mount so I'm curious how it compares to yours...
[/quote]
It's 99cent's it's called the siesmometer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep checked again today its broken in im sure like i said within a couple of days the vibrations on idle were gone and with ac on just a little but it has grown on me. I love 1-3rd gears I am ordering the SU tmic,rp and inlet from cobb next week when my tax returns come in, hopefully i will notice a decent gain

·
Registered
361 Posts
[quote author=That1RowdyRacer link=topic=135988.msg2934506#msg2934506 date=1234546387]
[/quote]

yea same here. well not a 600whp mustang, but a stage 2 cammed/header solid mount pontiac grand prix. that thing vibrated and shook so much. so this is like nothing compared to that.

i love to feel and hear the engine. makes me feel more connected to it

·
Registered
206 Posts
[quote author=the_caruch link=topic=135988.msg2941623#msg2941623 date=1234841105]
[/quote]

yea same here. well not a 600whp mustang, but a stage 2 cammed/header solid mount pontiac grand prix. that thing vibrated and shook so much. so this is like nothing compared to that.

i love to feel and hear the engine. makes me feel more connected to it
[/quote]

I know there is nothing like the feeling of being able to not only hear the car but to feel it also. It just makes car car feel more solid, like they way it should have come from the factory so you can feel the god damn thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts