2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #625
I'm trying to get somebody local to install it for less than a full tint job

Sent from the shadows

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
Having a hard time figuring out the largest spacers I can have without need to roll or full the fenders. Anyway of knowing without busting out a stick and measuring tape? In the future the car will be dropped roughly an inch.

Also I think I'm going to paint my rims gold when time and temperature allows.

Sent from the shadows

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just drop the car first, don't waste the brain power lol. Once you're dropped with a good alignment, bust out the the jack and the calipers. ;)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
So apparently tint is hard... Two windows, said fuck it, ripped it off. Now i need to see where i can get a good deal.
Must not have read my how to :)

I stopped tinting a long time ago. I always hated that shit.

Those ramps look purdy tho.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #633
Friends rusty gti coming in for an oil change. And fuck German cars. Dumbest tool and sizes ever

Sent from the shadows

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
you just now noticing this? lol
There's a reason why I don't work on either of my friends' GTis, they're a pain in the butt and do indeed require weird tools you can't find anywhere.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
I've worked on a Swedish car an even they're aren't as stoopid as German cars lol

Sent from the shadows

·
Registered
407 Posts
That's why, older German cars only. Pre-2000 BMWs aren't all that strange, with a few exceptions (VANOS pumps).

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #639
So I'm still alive.

A bunch of shit came up that I had to deal with. Anyhow....

Tuning: Seems like I won't be done this year. I'm still going to try to get at least part of it done. Basically I'll try to do a full tune using 3rd. Then if needed, perfect it in 4th next year. It's also a lot cooler outside now so odd's are i'll need to make some adjustments for the summer months to finalize it anyway.

Now I've got a couple hundred $ to spend, any suggestions as to what to do first?

It's between a sway bar or mud flaps, or do you guys have a different suggestion?

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
So I'm still alive.

A bunch of shit came up that I had to deal with. Anyhow....

Tuning: Seems like I won't be done this year. I'm still going to try to get at least part of it done. Basically I'll try to do a full tune using 3rd. Then if needed, perfect it in 4th next year. It's also a lot cooler outside now so odd's are i'll need to make some adjustments for the summer months to finalize it anyway.

Now I've got a couple hundred $ to spend, any suggestions as to what to do first?

It's between a sway bar or mud flaps, or do you guys have a different suggestion?
springs or mudflaps. Swaybar and might make sense after you've been to the track and know what you want to accomplish.

621 - 640 of 654 Posts