Mazda3 Forums banner

601 - 620 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'RE ACTUALLY DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR CAR! SHUTIT! lollololol

Go pass your tests or something bwhahaha
It's funny you say that cuz I was thinking of blowing like 1k on parts after my exam to celebrate lmfao

Sent from the shadows

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
Alrighty so ordered some tint. Alpine series by The Black Box. Lifetime warranty against peeling, bubbling or fading. Doing it myself should also save me up to 100$.

Getting rolls would have cost me as much as precut film, so I decided to get the precut package. Same price + less work = win win!

Also it's a very reputable seller so there likely won't be any issues with the cuts themselves (99.5% satisfaction with thousands of orders).

Now the waiting game begins.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
just make sure everything is extremely clean, and that you do have to do a wet application.

IF the kit also comes with a crappy squeegee, go to a local hobby store and get some felt with a sticky backside that you can adhere to the squeegee around one edge to make it soft. Otherwise you'll damage all of the tint.

I'd also read up on whatever stuff professionals use to clean along with if soap+water is indeed fine for an application. Not sure if those guys use isopropyl alcohol to clean or not but.. easy enough to find out.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
just make sure everything is extremely clean, and that you do have to do a wet application.

IF the kit also comes with a crappy squeegee, go to a local hobby store and get some felt with a sticky backside that you can adhere to the squeegee around one edge to make it soft. Otherwise you'll damage all of the tint.

I'd also read up on whatever stuff professionals use to clean along with if soap+water is indeed fine for an application. Not sure if those guys use isopropyl alcohol to clean or not but.. easy enough to find out.
Basic window cleaning substances that are ammonia free and then a razor blade to scrape the glass to make sure you get rid if any residue that might be sticking. The kit comes with a kit if things, the squeegee looks fine however the card uses for smoothing the curves might induce scratching, so for that I may do the felt thing.

Sent from the shadows

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
Tint came in today. Got screwed at the border with taxes and fkn "handling" fees. Install dat tomorrow :)

Sent from the shadows

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
Or just order stuff that is in your country lol..

Easier said than done though.
Screw you lol. I spent 3 hours and couldn't find anything. If only amazon had just as much shit here as in murica

Sent from the shadows

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Ah. Yeah, I've been slipping more recently and using ebay near equally as much as Amazon to hunt down lower prices and closer items.

So far it has been working out well lol

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #612
So apparently tint is hard... Two windows, said fuck it, ripped it off. Now i need to see where i can get a good deal.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Tiny bubbles go away, if you used enough soap while applying the tint then that crease should've came out easy.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
Tiny bubbles go away, if you used enough soap while applying the tint then that crease should've came out easy.
It's as if the tint folded and left a crease. Point is, try it the first time with cheap tint, not expensive stuff.

Hopefully i get a discount if i bring 80% of the needed tint. Gonna have it completed "professionally"

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I got my whole car tinted for $200 and he threw in a eyebrow with the spares for free. That was last year and it's still holding up.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #620
Anybody think it's worth posting what's left on the tint for sale? I mean it's basically 70% of a kit, so maybe if I ask for 50$ instead of the like 90 or 100$ it's worth somebody might bite? Maybe their tint is peeling or some shit in one area.

I won't be getting my money back but might as well get something out of it. What do you think?

---
Side note. Stupid P0138 came back out of nowhere. I'll log STFT to see if anything seems strange. I might just replace it so it stops being an issue, but at this rate I'm bleeding money lol.

601 - 620 of 654 Posts