Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So got my first brand new car, might as well make a build thread for it.... so here goes nothing!

Purchase date: October 18th, 2013

Went from this:

To this!

Full bolt on ... not anymore ---> "Stock"

Goal:
Make it more track focused - Track days ... nope ---> Miata bro, track day bro, hoosiers bro. Going to be the daily, so gonna put the mod budget towards the new miataaaaaa

************************************************** **************************************************

************************************************** **************************************************

Aesthetics Blacked out emblem
Evil M (white)

Debadged
Color match fog trim

3M clear bra hood wrap
Painted brake calipers
Red tail-lights

Tint
Mud Flaps (Rally Armour)

Supporting mods: Rear engine mount (cp-e stage 2)
Solid shifter bushings (JBR)
Oil catch can (Damond Motorsports)

2013-11-06 (car pic update)

2014-07-21

Tuning fun stuff :)

Here's the link to my DIY car seat office chair here

Camping pics here

The slow car

·
Registered
372 Posts
Do you have any supporting mods for your bank account? It's going to need them!

In that note, I can't wait to see where you take it. :)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have any supporting mods for your bank account? It's going to need them!

In that note, I can't wait to see where you take it. :)
Currently working on that ;)

I can always just rob a bank. Your welcome to join if you want a part of the cut :)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the badges taken care off. Decided to go with a two tone on the front, and the classic evil M on the back:

Not the best pic:

As for the front, here's what I did:

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Lookin good!

Some things I thought of - paint your calipers!! Maybe wait til after winter so they don't get damaged without ever seeing them, but the longer you wait, the harder the prep is too.
Might want to look into color matching your fog trim. No idea why they made it silver...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I want to paint them red (for an extra 25 hp) but with winter around the corner I don't thinks its worth it. Soon as the snow melts and it gets warmer that's the first thing I'm doing

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Good stuff! I was gonna get my speed ready for winter this wknd, but this weather is absolute shit. 5 degrees and rainy FTL.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I miss new hampshire, I really do, but we had a cold front two days ago and it dropped down to 75. I am content. :D

Definitely paint the calipers! It's the little details that add up.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kinda off topic but...
Went to drive a GTR today on a race track (pretty small, 1.4KM or almost 1 Mile oval)
Now i thought my speed 3 pulled hard, but holy sh*t balls at what Godzilla can do.
Now the car feels slow, so i guess the solution would be to go drive my friend's civic for a day lol :p

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
haha yep... all about perspective ;)
How did you get that opportunity? Or did you have to pay a fortune lol

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
G1Tour. Look em up on Facebook they constantly have events. I subscribed and won a free lap. Added an extra 7 for 230 $ + 30 $ "training". Usually 8 laps at that track would be 800 $ so I said fk it why not. Damn awesome would recommend it to everyone!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Damn love that last picture.

I wish I knew anything about photo editing. Everytime I try it comes out worse than the original.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well winter setup time.... it's damn ugly

1385319795141.jpg

Wasn't expecting it at all but the ride is a lot softer on the winter tires. Then again it makes sense since these are 16s rather than the stock 18s. More rubber=smoother/softer ride.

Can't wait for warm weather to get the 18s back on. As for now... time to save up!

1 - 20 of 654 Posts