Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a mazda 3 that should be here by the 2nd week in March. What I'm wondering is how mazdausa's inventory check works. They have cars listed on the inventory for dealers in my area that the dealers do not have on their lots. Does the inventory get updated once the car leaves the factory and is headed to a specific destination? Just curious becuse they show a car with my exact specs at the dealership where I ordered my car and I know for a fact that it is not on their lot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, I think thats exactly what it is. I searched the inventory of local dealers and I found the car I was looking for at one dealership. So I went there and talked with a dealer, I told him that I saw my car in the inventory online, and he said he's expecting the car in the first week of March. So to answer your question, I think the inventory counts when a car is getting shipped from the factory, once the dealer orders it. I didn't end up waiting for that car though, I found a better deal at another dealership.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's ver interesting, indeed!

I visited the dealer closest to me and I saw they have two cars in their show room & lot. (HB -blue & Silver sedan)

I checked the Mazda inventory and they show that that very dealership have 8 cars INSTOCK. Out of the eight, none of the colors were blue -the one I actually saw.

The funny thing is when I searched for the one I wanted (Ylw sedan), the closest I came was a dealership in NJ reported by mazda to have it.

Nevertheless, the dealer told me they will take approx. 10 days (starting 02/23) to locate it if not I could decide whether I want my money ($1k) back or let them continue the search.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I find the MazdaUSA search inventory very misleading. I put in a search for Mazda 3/sedan/2.3 liter. I get back results for my local dealer and it has Sedan I/2.3 liter. There is no such animal. Found it easier to call Mazda. In fact, they have one person dedicated to finding your car/options. The number is (800) 639-1000.

Kevin

·
Registered
117 Posts
they are misleading but I asked them about it .... they said some of the cars listed on hte inventory are the one the dealer ordered from the factory ... some of them are being shipped and some of them are not even built yet .... so basically ... it doesnt count unless u see the car in the lot ... ><

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the feedback! Sounds like it's a listing of the cars they either have on the lot, in transit from the factory, or in process at the factory. I guess i'll have to call my dealer to better find out where my car is located. Does anyone know if mazda can tell me that info if I have the order number??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts