Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=65716.msg1125845#msg1125845 date=1167478287]
mazdaspeed6, king of understeer. heavy and wallowy, and not much fun to drive.
[/quote]

I hear ya, but i think with the right driver, the car could be quick despite those characteristics. I'm sure y'all remember that post from a couple months ago...one group down under had ran a bunch of vehicles including the MS3 and MS6 on a particular course, and the MS6 faired quite well, easily besting the MS3. Too lazy to look up the post though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
clarkson is a dickhead and a crap driver. don't get me wrong, i still think he's entertaining.

i'm just waiting for the 3 to be reviewed on topgear

·
Registered
22 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=65716.msg1125865#msg1125865 date=1167481587]
put tiff needell behind the wheel and you'll get a real review of the car.
[/quote]

Yeh right bani - just set the review up the way you like it and I'm sure the outcome will match your distorted hatred of the MS6. Not only do you have an unwarranted hate on the car, you also have the same hate on anyone who runs a positive review on the 6. If you're not bashing your own car (MS3) for it's shortfalls, you're hitting on the MS6 - at the same time, you're explaining how the WRX dominates the world!!! Mommy simply must put you to bed earlier....

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
In all honesty as much as i like clarkson he does seem very swayed during some reviews...he will say one thing on one show and completely contradict it the next. Unless its british made its rarely good enough for him and hes a tall fat oaf that hates americans. Tiff reviews 100% off performance and doesnt care at all about style or comfort. But hes not a walking contradiction either. Dont get me wrong i would pick to watch Top Gear over 5th Gear anyday but thats because Top Gear gives an all around view of the car and Richard Hammond and James May usually set Clarkson straight; And im way off topic!

·
Registered
260 Posts
[quote author=Coulda link=topic=65716.msg1126574#msg1126574 date=1167528930]
In all honesty as much as i like clarkson he does seem very swayed during some reviews...he will say one thing on one show and completely contradict it the next. Unless its british made its rarely good enough for him and hes a tall fat oaf that hates americans. Tiff reviews 100% off performance and doesnt care at all about style or comfort. But hes not a walking contradiction either. Dont get me wrong i would pick to watch Top Gear over 5th Gear anyday but thats because Top Gear gives an all around view of the car and Richard Hammond and James May usually set Clarkson straight; And im way off topic!
[/quote]

He doesn't hate Americans, he just hates most American cars, despite driving a Ford GT. He now hates that on account of it always not getting him into the show.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
clarkson doesn't hate americans, he just panders to his self-loathing euro audience that does. he's an entertainer -- he tells them what they want to hear so he can make more money.

top gear isnt exactly prescient either. jeremy reviewed the old ford focus, then whinged about how the new focus would be built on top of the "new mazda3" chassis and declared "buy one now before ford goes and ruins it". of course what happened was top gear liked the euro focus II even more than the old one, and declared the focus st the hottest hatch ever. they never admitted they were dead wrong.

·
Registered
76 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=65716.msg1125865#msg1125865 date=1167481587]
put tiff needell behind the wheel and you'll get a real review of the car.
[/quote]

point taken.

·
Registered
167 Posts
[quote author=bossboy link=topic=65716.msg1125831#msg1125831 date=1167473221]
old and repost.

[/quote]

I'm glad, I missed it the first time around.

·
Registered
260 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=65716.msg1126637#msg1126637 date=1167532922]
clarkson doesn't hate americans, he just panders to his self-loathing euro audience that does. he's an entertainer -- he tells them what they want to hear so he can make more money.

top gear isnt exactly prescient either. jeremy reviewed the old ford focus, then whinged about how the new focus would be built on top of the "new mazda3" chassis and declared "buy one now before ford goes and ruins it". of course what happened was top gear liked the euro focus II even more than the old one, and declared the focus st the hottest hatch ever. they never admitted they were dead wrong.
[/quote]

Self loathing euro????!!!!!! I'm proud to be English, British and (very nearly) proud of being European. So what exactly do you have against Europe? Is it all those funny languages people speak? The 100's of years more history we have? Those awful European car manufacturers like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Aston Martin, Landrover, Lotus, AC, TVR.... The reason Clarkson isn't too fond of American cars is that they are nearly all crap! When he drove a good one he would say so. Like the Ford GT... until it kept braking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=65716.msg1125976#msg1125976 date=1167492776]
oh dear did someone get sand in their vagina....? :lol:

read the print mag. it's way more informative and accurate than clarkson's silly hyperbole. top gear wasnt impressed at all with the speed6.
[/quote]

What does the mag have to do with the topic of this thread? He gave the MS6 a very positive review and since it's not in line which your opinion, it is not accurate and should be ignored.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i really liked watching top gear when it was on in the U.S. so i just checked out the how much the magazine would cost, and to get it in the U.S. it costs 92 pounds - or about $150 - for just 13 issues. thats f'in insane! i could get a subscription to like 10 car magazines for less than that.

initially he gives the mps6 a very good rating, and shows how it beats a 318i in basically every performance stat (he also sites the 318i's 0-60 as 10 seconds, which i just don't see how that could be right. maybe its a euro version of the car)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Clarkson was comparing value for money more than performance. Even the 3 beats the bmw. I've just been on the www.bmw.co.uk car confirgurator and specced up a 318 to the same level as my 3 sport 2.0. The result... BMW 318 M Sport 2.0 £26,055!

The 0-60 is correct, the below is from the BWM site.

Model Price Fuel CO2 tax Engine EU4 Fuel consump. 0-62 mph
3 Series ES 318i ES * £20,465 Petrol 22% (25%) 1995cc Yes 38.7 (35.8) mpg 10 seconds

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesan...6___bs-Mw%3D%3D%40bb-M0xJ%40sit-bmwuk,00.html

·
Registered
228 Posts
[quote author=FluffyDucky link=topic=65716.msg1127158#msg1127158 date=1167587990]
That is a bit expensive! 7.20 per issue or there abouts... it has got to get flown over the pond though! Its normally about £3.50 ish.
[/quote]

hell, half the products in america come all the way from china and aren't expensive. the speed3 only cost $600 to get shipped over on a barge from japan, and it had to go all the way through the panama canal and then get trucked to the dealer from the port. it shouldn't cost $100 to ship a magazine less distance.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts