Post specs before I explode!! :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Can we say MazdaSpeed?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I heard from another forum that MPS is different from Mazdaspeed...
and that we WON'T get MPS!!

:eek:

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's what I heard too, but MPS is a souped up 6, so why would they offer a MazdaSpeed 6 and a 6MPS? It would make sense to make it a MazdaSpeed. Who knows though.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Is it just me or does it look a lot like the new Acura TL and TSX?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rpc180 said:
Is it just me or does it look a lot like the new Acura TL and TSX?
It does but Mazda was the first too come out with the car design. Honda/Acura came later with a similar design. :x Damn copy cats.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Is that the 6 HB? If not, then how come NA cars never get rear wipers on sedans? When I went to Europe 5 years ago, pretty much every sedan in Greece had a rear wiper, while the exact same cars (Honda Civics) didn't have one in the US. Is this a rain thing, or another example of European cars getting better toys than us?

·
Registered
773 Posts
With very few exceptions, ever NA hatchback I've ever seen has had a wiper. If that's the Mazda 6 HB, I'm very impressed. At first glance, it looks just like an Mz3, especially on the back end. The stylists were definitely doing their homework, even if they were studying with the Mz3 designers. My main question is this, do you think they'll have a NAV system and HID headlights in it? Because to compete for sales in the "Upscale Sedan" category that the Mazdaspeed would be in, you need those features. In terms of cash, it's right against the Acura TSX, and a short skip, hop and a jump to the Lexus IS300 and Acura TL, both of which have these nifty toys (and I call them toys because honestly, you can live without HID and NAV). Unless, Mazda's plan is to make a pure sports car, in which case...it pretty much needs around, say, a 6 speed manual, 50-60 more HP and AWD to compete with the omnipresent BMW, Audi, and Acura sedans (yes, Acura is FWD, but it just beat out a BMW 330 for the top spot in Consumer Reports for the category, and that hasn't been done before).

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Is AWD confirmed for the MazdaSpeed 6 in North America?
I hear stuff about us getting AWD, and then hearing others say that it might just be in Japan and Europe (And we might just get a Turbo... or something).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts