Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a deal on a 2007 mazdaspeed3 transmission and i want to install it on my 2004 2.0 mazda 3 sedan. ive read many post but none give me enought information to do it. i want more information about vehicule speed sensor because on the speed tranny it seems not have any place to plug it or install one. i know that will be expensive and that is not really easy but i want to do it so how can i do? and what i need to do it? thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
if you are really wanting to do it, take it to a shop... unless you have all the tools, and skills yourself... I'm not sure how you would go about this, or if the tranny will even fit, but it sounds interesting and I think you should definitely do it, and post a thread on how to.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well, I think all the mounting points are the same...but I thought the driveshafts or something or rather for MS3 tranny is bigger, requiring complete front suspension replacement (brakes, hubs, and all that).

Eh, I dunno, but yea, take it to a shop, one that you trust, because if they somehow screw this up, you're boned...

·
Registered
435 Posts
instead of replacing suspension you could combine the axels. MS3 inner eds, 2.0 outers.

is the bell housing the same? will the trans bolt up? how about the input shaft? will that slide in and connect? how about all the plugs for nuetral safety switch and so on? flywheel, clutch? shifter setup? the shifter is much differant on a speed3. clutch pedal, slave cyl, new brake mater cylinder for a manual trans?

why do you want the speed3 trans in your car? i see no point. adding another gear will only mean you now need to shift 1 more time..........in drag racing this will hurt your times. its great for road racing but the gears are possibly too tall. i dont see the point for all this work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, for the most part your engine, isn't really worth it now, if you were a honda ep3 and you were swapping your stock k20a3 for a k20a, then yes you should swap trannys.

I would just stick with the 5 speed, you will be a lot better off, gas mileage is the only benefit in this.

·
Registered
614 Posts
[quote author=classicaddict link=topic=136151.msg2945353#msg2945353 date=1234981122]
instead of replacing suspension you could combine the axels. MS3 inner eds, 2.0 outers.

is the bell housing the same? will the trans bolt up? how about the input shaft? will that slide in and connect? how about all the plugs for nuetral safety switch and so on? flywheel, clutch? shifter setup? the shifter is much differant on a speed3. clutch pedal, slave cyl, new brake mater cylinder for a manual trans?

why do you want the speed3 trans in your car? i see no point. adding another gear will only mean you now need to shift 1 more time..........in drag racing this will hurt your times. its great for road racing but the gears are possibly too tall. i dont see the point for all this work.
[/quote]
well it will benifiet if you are boosted. i have a auto so this is the best bet for me. i have gone thru 3 trannys i have lost my patience on the autos. not for the money. i can do the install. the lentech built tranny is 3700!! that is crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts