Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys and gals, mazda6 owner here from mazda6club, great forum you have over here

My question is, I am looking to get into a lease on a Mazdaspeed3 right now to keep my payments low and wave the personal property tax each year while I finish my last 3 years of schooling.

The thing is, the dealer actually offered to sell me an 07 GT for $19,500 with 2.7 miles on it-but that is outright sell. The thing is, if I was bringing in a few more bucks, I would just go for it, but would rather lease for the time being..that said

has ANYONE leased a speed3 yet since not even Mazda credit is doing so? Thanks a ton, and please keep the lease vs. buy comments to yourselves, that's not what I am asking, just wondering if anyone has had luck yet leasing, and if so, through whom?..thanks a ton in advance :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
All I have to say is that's a hell of a price on the GT(almost un-believable). That's about $5000 off sticker! I honestly don't know if they even offer a lease on the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swear on my life that it is $19,500 for a SPEED3 GT, sunlight silver. I am not an idiot.

The dealer has had it for almost 2 months now, along with 4 others, which makes me wonder a bit, but this is where we purchased my 6 from and have had great luck.

$19,500 IS with MSRP deduction AND equity from trade in, mind you, sorry if that was a little bit of confusion, I promise I wasn't blowin out my :dhorse:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=DLUX link=topic=72222.msg1273098#msg1273098 date=1174150844]
All I have to say is that's a hell of a price on the GT(almost un-believable). That's about $5000 off sticker! I honestly don't know if they even offer a lease on the car.
[/quote]

I think you are correct, they are not offering. I'm going to man up and get some more hours at my job at just buy it

But, I guarantee that once the hype is gone, they will start

they tried some BS excuse that because it is turbo, that is why..I simply asked why I could lease a speed6 then, their faces were priceless 8)

·
Registered
610 Posts
We're leasing my wife's Mazda CX-7 for $316 a month (no $ down) and I'm buying my MazdaSpeed3 w/Sport Pkg and extended warranty for $21,600 with S-Plan (employee discount). We are both very happy with our cars and this is the first new car I've purchased since 1992 since we have been leasing or driving company cars. Leasing can work out to your advantage, especially if you don't put too many miles on the car. Leasing one car any buying another always gives us a car we can put miles on (trips, etc...).

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote author=azasadny link=topic=72222.msg1273251#msg1273251 date=1174157187]
We're leasing my wife's Mazda CX-7 for $316 a month (no $ down) and I'm buying my MazdaSpeed3 w/Sport Pkg and extended warranty for $21,600 with S-Plan (employee discount). We are both very happy with our cars and this is the first new car I've purchased since 1992 since we have been leasing or driving company cars. Leasing can work out to your advantage, especially if you don't put too many miles on the car. Leasing one car any buying another always gives us a car we can put miles on (trips, etc...).
[/quote]Details on the extended warranty? I've seen little on that topic...

·
Registered
248 Posts
[quote author=05char6 link=topic=72222.msg1273220#msg1273220 date=1174155874]
Swear on my life that it is $19,500 for a SPEED3 GT, sunlight silver. I am not an idiot.

The dealer has had it for almost 2 months now, along with 4 others, which makes me wonder a bit, but this is where we purchased my 6 from and have had great luck.

$19,500 IS with MSRP deduction AND equity from trade in, mind you, sorry if that was a little bit of confusion, I promise I wasn't blowin out my :dhorse:
[/quote]

Well that explains it, your probably getting around $5000 for your tade in. The dealer in my area has 3 of them just sitting around too. There are two other dealers within an hour from me that also each have 1. I don't know why everyone has to order a car when all of these dealers have them sitting there. Two of them at my dealer have been there for at least a month now. If you went to buy a MS3 and your dealer didn't have one, you would think they would do a dealer trade to get you one. I do know that there are some cars that dealers won't do that with though (cause they're in high demand). But if someone is willing to do a little driving, I can't see having to order one. When I bought mine over 4 months ago, all 3 of these dealers had cars. Two of the dealers had silver (which I bought), and the other dealer had cosmic blue and red.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
[quote author=FormerAudiOwner link=topic=72222.msg1273340#msg1273340 date=1174163088]
[/quote]i have a business relationship with the mazda dealer I bought mine at and I got a premium care 5 year 60K warranty for $699. They usually sell for about twice that.

Here is the real question.... why the HELL would you trade 5K in equity to a lease? Save the car, sell it yourself, and lease the car with as little down as needed to meet your payment. When figuring leases, they use the residual (percentage of MSRP that the car is worth at the end of the term), the Lease Factor (essentially the interest rate.. .and a factor of under 2 is really good, but see what they have), and of course the selling price. Just negotiate the selling price of the car as best you can, and figure the payments with the minimum down. You can then figure out how much more you might need to get to your payment. Dealerships ALWAYS make more on leases then retails because you can hide EVERYTHING in the price of the car, but all the buyer wants is a payment. The last lease I wrote in the retail business included a 1500 alarm system that we could sell for 250 if we wanted. Just watch the dealer-adds and keep all the cash you can.

·
Registered
466 Posts
ive never been a big fan of leasing a car but i figured out the numbers on my last car a GTI that i got for 20,500 or around $22500 out the door. i just got $8100 on a trade in for the speed3 so it would be 12,400 on the GTI, divide that by the 60 months that i owned it and it would be approx $260 a month to own the car. so if i could have done a lease on it for $250 a month for 60 months i guess i would have come out ahead.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=diablospeed link=topic=72222.msg1273449#msg1273449 date=1174168726]
[quote author=FormerAudiOwner link=topic=72222.msg1273340#msg1273340 date=1174163088]
[/quote]i have a business relationship with the mazda dealer I bought mine at and I got a premium care 5 year 60K warranty for $699. They usually sell for about twice that.

Here is the real question.... why the HELL would you trade 5K in equity to a lease? Save the car, sell it yourself, and lease the car with as little down as needed to meet your payment. When figuring leases, they use the residual (percentage of MSRP that the car is worth at the end of the term), the Lease Factor (essentially the interest rate.. .and a factor of under 2 is really good, but see what they have), and of course the selling price. Just negotiate the selling price of the car as best you can, and figure the payments with the minimum down. You can then figure out how much more you might need to get to your payment. Dealerships ALWAYS make more on leases then retails because you can hide EVERYTHING in the price of the car, but all the buyer wants is a payment. The last lease I wrote in the retail business included a 1500 alarm system that we could sell for 250 if we wanted. Just watch the dealer-adds and keep all the cash you can.
[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have leased a Speed 3 in Canada.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats for some of the info guys and gals..

My dealer met with a Mazda American Credit rep yesterday and we worked out a deal for a 39month lease.

Alot of people keep questioning "why lease", which is understandable. I am only 20 and in my second year of college and have plenty of money for the payments, but I save myself from paying personal property tax each year which is more expensive than the interest I will pay going longer with a lease, leases just work better for some people.

And as far as selling the car myself like some have said, since I have the 6 on a lease, I can't exactly sell it myself. They are giving me $11,500 for the 6, and if you know the used market for the 6's, that is damn good since noone buys them (its actually right at KBB value which surprised me). After the payoff of the 6 (10,225) and $$ off of msrp, I would be financing $19,380, that is the deal we worked out today. I am going to go by one more dealer in the area and work them, but don't know how low I can get them, have to try.

How do you all think this sounds? Honesty is much appreciated, that is why I posted, thanks a ton :D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
i am not knocking the lease idea... if you can save the tax each year and have lower payments it is a good choice. You have to keep your stock parts if you plan to MOD, but that is not too hard. A 39 month lease is a good term because by then you will be ready for the latest and greatest from Mazda.

I am still AMAZED that they are throwing a Speed3 GT at your for UNDER invoice. Mazda dealers can lose their ability to sell new Mazda's if the deal gets audited. The MSRP is around 24600.... TAKE IT AND RUN!!!!

Good luck and message me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We're leasing my wife's Mazda CX-7 for $316 a month (no $ down) and I'm buying my MazdaSpeed3 w/Sport Pkg and extended warranty for $21,600 with S-Plan (employee discount). [/quote]

S-Plan?? Was a I swindled? I was told that the S-plan didn't apply to the MazdaSpeed3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=diablospeed link=topic=72222.msg1274654#msg1274654 date=1174243762]
i am not knocking the lease idea... if you can save the tax each year and have lower payments it is a good choice. You have to keep your stock parts if you plan to MOD, but that is not too hard. A 39 month lease is a good term because by then you will be ready for the latest and greatest from Mazda.

I am still AMAZED that they are throwing a Speed3 GT at your for UNDER invoice. Mazda dealers can lose their ability to sell new Mazda's if the deal gets audited. The MSRP is around 24600.... TAKE IT AND RUN!!!!

Good luck and message me if you have any questions.
[/quote]

I am in as much **aww** :shock: as you are. I have overlooked every part of the lease and it is all adding up correctly..so yes, the plan is to take it and run tomorrow..appreciate your help

·
Registered
493 Posts
[quote author=donj02 link=topic=72222.msg1274848#msg1274848 date=1174252149]
We're leasing my wife's Mazda CX-7 for $316 a month (no $ down) and I'm buying my MazdaSpeed3 w/Sport Pkg and extended warranty for $21,600 with S-Plan (employee discount). [/quote]

S-Plan?? Was a I swindled? I was told that the S-plan didn't apply to the MazdaSpeed3.
[/quote]

so i could of got a discount, if I knew sum1 at a dealership.

I got the Cosco discount which was 500 off invoice.

·
Registered
424 Posts
[quote author=110100100 link=topic=72222.msg1273925#msg1273925 date=1174189543]
I have leased a Speed 3 in Canada.
[/quote]

more detail about your lease please!
I'm thinking of leasing one as well,what I heard was about $545CND(4-year)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts