Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was leaving work today and the freakin engine light came on.
I drove straight to the dealer, most of the service dept had already left. One of them was nice enough to plug in the unit and he said that it looks like the air intake mainfold switch is possibly the problem. Anyway, will find out tomorrow morning what's up for sure. but he said I can keep driving for now and they will call me first thing tomorrow morning.
If the engine light flashes- then usually its a major problem.
He said the other Mazdaspeed, the dealership had told, had the same problem. . The problem is also common in CX7's.
One of my buddies who also has a speed3 had the light come on his last weekend. His was a exhaust problem though.

There are 4 MS3 here in Charlotte and thats 3 with problems for sure. Who knows about the fourth one...maybe it had a problem too.

I'll provide more details tomorrow morning.
NOTE TO SELF: MUST check engine mount. GEEZ!

·
Registered
129 Posts
If this forum is any indication that is a common problem. I wont be surprised when it happens to me, I just wish I could get more info about the fix (For no other reason than I am one arrogant mechanic and don’t want other people touching my car)

If you don’t have the hour or so to check that mount and add red lock-tite, then have your dealer do it. Whatever is faster!

Good luck and happy motoring with the MS3!

·
Registered
906 Posts
You must have been living under a rock if you didn't already know this problem with 200+ posts in this forum....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Noobinacan where have you been? Just about everyone on this forum has posted about the problem.

Welcome to the club :D

I have to take mine in to get fixed as well but when it popped on I knew exactly what it was and didn't go into panic mode.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i had/have the same intake manifold problem, the code is P2006. they "fixed" it monday, the light came back on thursday. now i've got to make another appointment to get it fixed again. anyone know if there is a permanent fix to the problem? i haven't been able to get in touch with the idiots in the service dept., they're never available to answer the phone when i've been trying to call.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sticky, isn't it a treat traveling to the dealer multiple times for the same problem. I have to go in next week AGAIN for it too. :p

By the way, this must be the 100th thread on this problem. :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
[quote author=DLUX link=topic=69619.msg1212907#msg1212907 date=1171668523]
Sticky, isn't it a treat traveling to the dealer multiple times for the same problem. I have to go in next week AGAIN for it too. :p

By the way, this must be the 100th thread on this problem. :lol:
[/quote]

last I talked to mazda Canada there is a revised part now available to fix the problem with the P2006 code. It will still take some time to make it to all dealerships across north america. I've had mine looked at recently and they apparently installed the updated part (Edmonton, Can) and thus far (over a week now) the check engine light has not come back on.

·
Registered
986 Posts
[quote author=ElyasWolff link=topic=69619.msg1210616#msg1210616 date=1171583488]
If this forum is any indication that is a common problem. I wont be surprised when it happens to me, I just wish I could get more info about the fix (For no other reason than I am one arrogant mechanic and don’t want other people touching my car)

If you don’t have the hour or so to check that mount and add red lock-tite, then have your dealer do it. Whatever is faster!

Good luck and happy motoring with the MS3!

[/quote] My dealer wanted me to pay 1.5 hours of labor to check the mounts, sez there is no Mazda service bulletin out yet. I said no way am I paying anything - it's a new car. :x :x :x

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Engine mount check walkthrough anybody ?

on the P2006 problem. I am going to ask my dealer to get the part..good point!

·
Registered
337 Posts
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=69619.msg1213447#msg1213447 date=1171691627]
Engine mount check walkthrough anybody ?
[/quote]

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! After the response you got on this post?

DO AN F'IN SEARCH! If you can't figure that out, go away.

:ut:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Dealer called again they have the new part to fix the P2006 CEL problem, this is try #2 on this so I'll let y'all know what happened when I go in Thursday AM. :D

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool- thanks for sharing.
for some reason, the cel has gone away. but definitely there is a drop in performance when its there.
I am going to ask my dealer to get the part. -when you go in Thursday, can you share the part #

·
Registered
986 Posts
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=69619.msg1217692#msg1217692 date=1171934673]
cool- thanks for sharing.
for some reason, the cel has gone away. but definitely there is a drop in performance when its there.
I am going to ask my dealer to get the part. -when you go in Thursday, can you share the part #

[/quote] Ok I'll get the part number for y'all . About the P2006 CEL - well it has a mind of it's own, CEL on one day & off the next.
Never really noticed a performance hit but I'll be glad when the problem is fixed as it's gettin on my nerve. I never know if it's P2006 or something else so once P2006 is fixed I'll be happy. :shock: :D :D :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
my car is going in tomorrow with its second CEL. the first was for the P2006 which they "fixed" only to have the light come back on two days later. im assuming its the same P2006 problem again. hopefully they have the part on hand and can fix it tomorrow, but it seems like theyre just gonna check the code and order the part, which means ill have to make 3 trips to the dealership to fix this stupid thing.

also, the light going on and off has happened to me and im pretty sure it has to do with the outside temp. the first time it came on was right around when it started to get really cold here (under 20 fahrenheit), it stays on all the time when its very cold, but when it got over freezing the last 2 days its sometimes off and sometimes on.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
k thanks flyrevs
yeah, today it was 70 here..and no light. which makes sense, metal expands.
Bani in the other forum said that there is no difference in boost.
But I drive with the light on - park - turn the car on and the light is gone.
now I drive and it just FLIES.

anyway, going in Friday to get the hole drilled.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Regarding the P2006 CEL - went into the dealer today, they "replaced IMRC unit with new updated part" 0.6 hrs labor (free)
The part number is LEK9-20-170
CEL is gone, the car definitely has better pick-up, plus I reset the trip computer and it was 3 mpg better than normal after I got home (29 mpg - combined driving) so I suspect it has somehow leaned the car out a little. 2nd gear was spinning the tires way more easily and I was spinning them in 3rd also which rarely ever happened before.
I know 20 miles of driving isn't really much to go on but these are my initial findings - will keep you up to date after I get some more miles on it. So far: :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
986 Posts
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=69619.msg1222544#msg1222544 date=1172105440]

anyway, going in Friday to get the hole drilled.
[/quote]"get the hole drilled" :shock: Huh ? What hole ? Where? :?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts