Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm the first one to post here! Yay! :D

Something I got from my dealer:
Attention Mazda Dealers:

This message is to advise your Sales, Service and Parts Personnel:

DO NOT INSTALL Mazda3 All Weather Floor Mats, P/N 0000-8B-L02 in MAZDASPEED3’s. A condition exists where the floor mat may interfere with vehicle operation.

Please remove any All Weather Floor Mats from MAZDASPEED3 vehicles in your new car inventory; if Port-Installed, they are listed as accessory code FLA. For units/dealers affected, we will soon determine how to adjust your vehicle cost accordingly.

Likewise, please DO NOT sell these mats, over the Parts Counter, for installation in MAZDASPEED3 vehicles.

The fit in regular Mazda3s is not an issue.

More detailed information will follow, from MNAO Accessory Operations and Technical Services Departments.

Thank you,

MNAO Accessory Operations

NOTE: Outgoing mailbox only, do not respond to this email message.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the post, I am supposed to be getting some free mats from my dealer for some trouble they gave me, now I wonder if I ask them for something else, or wait until mazda gets some speed3 mats?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes, thanks for the post. I am supposed to pick up my MS3 on Tuesday and I paid for the all-weather floormats. What do you think I should do? Tell the dealer to take them out and give me my money back, pull out my pocket-knife and trim the front, or just keep a close eye on them? I would like to have the mats in for my drive home as I am going through the mountains and will certainly be tracking slush into the car.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you gotta have them... I'd suggest telling your dealer to drop them from the invoice; I'm sure they could get in some kind of troubles for selling them to you.
Don't trim then! Why ruining them? After all I don't think they have any MS3 logos or anything...

Buy some over the counter from a auto parts store. I'm sure they sell some generic that will fit your MS3 just fine. Of course, that's just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

·
Registered
328 Posts
No, I don't think they have the MS3 logo, but according to this thread http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=62282.32 trimming them should fix the sticking pedal problem. I think the Mazda mats will fit better that a generic one. I bought generic ones at WalMart for my siR and they never fit quite right.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have them and haven't had an issue so far, but I also constantly pull the mat back so that it touches the little sidewall close to my seat. It tends to slide towards the pedals with some shifting and it might be that at one point it gets stuck under.

For me until they release some MS3 specific mats I'll keep these since I have no problems so far. I haven't paid for them either!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
my throttle got stuck at WOT twice because of the mats. Be very careful if you run with them.
They fit great, but they are not really safe without trimming them. The pedal can only get stuck if you mash it to the floor, but its certainly a saftey issue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The same problem happen to me too but I read that this is an issue on the regular three also. Just as an FYI, you are required to remove the stock mat when you use the weather mat as stated in the underside of the weather mat. And trust me when I say it is very scarry when your car speeds up not in your control!. Since I have removed the stock mat I have not had an issue but I do keep my eye on the mat to see if it creeps up.

Cheers!

Spyder

·
Registered
23 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=66066.msg1133435#msg1133435 date=1167951262]
my throttle got stuck at WOT twice because of the mats. Be very careful if you run with them.
They fit great, but they are not really safe without trimming them. The pedal can only get stuck if you mash it to the floor, but its certainly a saftey issue.
[/quote]
I concur. Happened to me twice. I did trim the mat(it used to catch on the raised edge of the mat). No problem now. I can safely floor it now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the post are saying that these mats dont have the speed3 logo on them are the ones that are to be concerned with right I just picked my speed3 on friday and the all weather say mazdaspeed3 on the mats. so... be worried or not?

·
Registered
122 Posts
weather mats are rubber I am assuming you are talking about the embroidered carpet mat.

the "all weather" floor mats only have mazda 3 on them.

And for the record, I called Mazda Canada about this issue and they approved my dealership to give me a full refund as I bought my weather mats in Oct/06 when I picked up my MS3.

Does anyone have pics of the Weathertechs weathermats in their own cars....I want to get them as a replacement because they are black with red trim.

Thanks.

Spyder

·
Registered
79 Posts
Funny, I reported this by email, phone and letter. Luckly the dealer ship was cool and took the mats back no problem. They even "apparently" contacted Mazda Canada as well about the problem. If you had the winter mats from the M3 in your MS3, then you could easily reproduce the the problem.

Anywho, yay. Mazda turn around time on TSB for this was about 3 months. Lol.

·
Registered
122 Posts
well I called Mazda Canada on Tuesday Jan. 23/07 and my dealership (Ajax) Mazda called me on the Thursday to inform me that my concern with the mats will be resolved with a full refund. Havning been a GM customer since I started driving (18 years ago) I am really impressed...GM would take a while and they would try to make me buy something else instead and not refund me. But I have to say when my dealership called Mazda Canada the first time, they were informed that they would not refund me and that the fix was to cut an inch off the area near the gas pedal. I was not cool with that.

Anyway they were cool after I called them now I want to see what the Weathertechs look like and how they fit in our cars can anyone help with pics of the Weathertechs?

Cheers!

Spyder

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=deadlyrevenge link=topic=66066.msg1173322#msg1173322 date=1170020709]
the post are saying that these mats dont have the speed3 logo on them are the ones that are to be concerned with right I just picked my speed3 on friday and the all weather say mazdaspeed3 on the mats. so... be worried or not?
[/quote]

Mine don't say "Mazdaspeed3" onm them". Can you snap a pic of them?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=MX CAT link=topic=66066.msg1190519#msg1190519 date=1170800694]
[quote author=deadlyrevenge link=topic=66066.msg1173322#msg1173322 date=1170020709]
[/quote]

Mine don't say "Mazdaspeed3" onm them". Can you snap a pic of them?
[/quote]
our mats say Mazda 3, no mention of speed on the mats. the all weather mats on the ms3 and the mz3 are the same.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I've had these mats in mine for 3 weeks now, I haven't had any problems whatsoever, the fit is almost better than the mazdaspeed3 mats.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=Tenacious_B link=topic=66066.msg1191864#msg1191864 date=1170858491]
I've had these mats in mine for 3 weeks now, I haven't had any problems whatsoever, the fit is almost better than the mazdaspeed3 mats.
[/quote]
if you have the hook that comes in the US cars, the mat cant be pulled back far enough, other than that the thing is great.

·
Registered
865 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=66066.msg1198390#msg1198390 date=1171070306]
[quote author=Tenacious_B link=topic=66066.msg1191864#msg1191864 date=1170858491]
[/quote]
if you have the hook that comes in the US cars, the mat cant be pulled back far enough, other than that the thing is great.
[/quote]

Weird, I've had no problem even with the hook.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=Tenacious_B link=topic=66066.msg1199570#msg1199570 date=1171138595]
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=66066.msg1198390#msg1198390 date=1171070306]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Weird, I've had no problem even with the hook.
[/quote]

have you pushed it all the way forward while on the hook and checked? Mine would clear on the hook when I had it pulled back, but when it went all the way forward it would get the pedal stuck. seems had they put the carpet hook in 3mm further back id have been set. assuming someone puts the hook in by hand, maybe you got a proper install and I didnt.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts