Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any clips of the autoexe exhaust? Any dyno's?

What other companies are coming out with CBE's or TBE's? As the price on the mazdaspeed exhaust has come out, or tentatively come out anyways, I was hoping to hear more about competition for it, and how it changed the sound/performance on the car.

-Matt

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I think any cat-back will not yield enough power to justify the cost, unless you are doing it for sound. If you want a power increase you need to get a turbo-back and pay attention to how the down pipe performs. Or you could just get a DP and high-flow cat since most of the gain will come from there. I hear that the Auto Exe is only 2.5" and rather disappointing quality when you get it. CP-E will put out at exhaust packages, you can look at their MS6 offerings for a general idea. Turbo XS is also developing a DP as we speak.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
when you say boomy do yu mean like flowmaster? or honda fart can? I had a friend who had a techtonics system on his car, it sounded sweet. nice and low and mechanical sounding don't know if they make for japanese...his car was a VW.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah I think the stock exhaust on the ms3 is a too "boomy" as a constant low rumble, which I sort of get tired off after a while.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I like the low rumble, sounds strong, and not like a jar of pissed off honey bees. I want honey on my cereal, not coming out of my car.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Street Units site says that the exhaust should be released at the end of the month as of 02/06/07. Anyone else heard this? Curious how much impact it really could have. Probably not enough. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts