Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering who has experience with the mazdaspeed spring kit.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/speedDisplayAccessoryDetail.action?endModelYear=2006&speedAccessoryId=18&carLineCode=MZ3&startModelYear=2004&categoryId=4

at first glance they seem a little pricy but it does come with the camber links for the rear (msrp of $250 alone) and new bumpstops designed for the car by mazda
plus from what the dealer has told me they do not void the warenty. seems like a no brainer espessially since i get em for cost working for the dealership bodyshop.

my only questions are.
1. how much is front camber affected
2. are you satisfied with the performance?
3. hows the ride?

BTW: i did search but didn't really find anything taht helped me other than they are made by eibach, and the pro-kits are a good comparison

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, damn thats a cheap price for the springs, i think htat my be cheaper than i can get em for.

anyone know about the front camber issues?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have been running the Mazdaspeeds for roughly about a year now, and I really do have a somewhat mixed opinion regarding them. The ride is great, definitely a bit more firm than stock, but by no means uncomfortable. Handling was noticeably improved, but I will say, I almost expected them to provide a slightly lower stance. Performance wise, I don't have any complaints, as even with 18x8's, I can drive very aggressively without fear of rubbing whatsoever. Really, the only gripe that I have had, is with the stance itself, as I do wish it was just a bit lower. But at the same time, I fear that if it were any lower, I would have had to roll the fenders.

What eventually sealed the deal for me, was the included camber kit. At the time, the Eibach Pro kit and camber links came out to actually be more money, so in went the MazdaSpeeds! For more pics, check out my car domain.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the insight, but the ride height from all the pics i've seen is perfect, just enough to eliminate wheelgap. one of the reasins i bought this car was to avoid scraping everything, and dodging bumps as if they were landmines

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
[quote author=Jujarso link=topic=66289.msg1138378#msg1138378 date=1168238779]
I have been running the Mazdaspeeds for roughly about a year now, and I really do have a somewhat mixed opinion regarding them. The ride is great, definitely a bit more firm than stock, but by no means uncomfortable. Handling was noticeably improved, but I will say, I almost expected them to provide a slightly lower stance. Performance wise, I don't have any complaints, as even with 18x8's, I can drive very aggressively without fear of rubbing whatsoever. Really, the only gripe that I have had, is with the stance itself, as I do wish it was just a bit lower. But at the same time, I fear that if it were any lower, I would have had to roll the fenders.

What eventually sealed the deal for me, was the included camber kit. At the time, the Eibach Pro kit and camber links came out to actually be more money, so in went the MazdaSpeeds! For more pics, check out my car domain.
[/quote]

Thanks for the review :goodjob: . These sound right up my alley, better handling but not a significant drop

·
Registered
482 Posts
Here are a couple of pics regarding the MazdaSpeeds installed =-). For more pics, check out my cardomain.

Compared to a stock Mazda 3...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Cost me about $200 @ the dealership, however the parts guy is a friend of mine, and I'm not sure how good a deal he got me. Supposed to be about 3 - 4 hours labor to install the springs and the camber kit. Also, not a bad idea to hit the alignment shop later, both front and rear toe was messed up after lowering. Rides beautifully, didn't give up much comfort for a drastic improvement in handling.

Before

After

More After

Also have swapped that horrid antenna since these pictures were taken. The stubby from the CX-7 is a direct swap, looks much better and works just fine.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Oh, and a word to the wise from the stupid (me), make sure you get the alignment done at a shop experienced with lowered cars, I had it done at one of those franchise shops, they worked on it for an hour, and seemed to have gotten everything straight (other than the wheel being just a hair off center)... SEEMED is the operative word. 6 months later, my rear tires are bald on the inside. Took them to a local shop who knows all about our cars (Dale's Alignment - Langley BC) and he had the car fixed perfectly in 15 minutes.

Don't let strangers look at your undercarrige.

At least I got the alignment done before I installed these...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Pictures are coming (they're not on the car yet!), I'm working in northern Alberta, and won't be home for a couple weeks. Have to swap the tires (225/40's a little too wide for the Mazdaspeed springs & camber kit - rubbing issues) going to 215/40 to get the little bit of clearance I need.

We did have them installed for a little while tho - looked truly sexy. Too bad they were rubbing the rear fender lips. Anyway, will post pictures when I get home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts