Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some research & I am leaning toward replacing my 119,900 mi suspension parts with the MazdaSpeed Sport Dampers & the Racing Beat springs. I don't want to lower the car, but since I think mine are pretty worn, it probably sits lower already. Racing Beat claims only a .5 inch drop and 20% stiffer spring rate.

My thinking is with stiffer springs, my car won't squat so much when carrying extra weight.

Anyone have this setup? How's the ride? With the number of miles I drive, I need comfort!

I plan on installing a rear camber adjuster. Any other worn parts I should look at replacing? IE: spring insulators, bushings Etc?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I installed RB (Racing Beat) springs with close to 40k miles on stock shocks. As far as performance, they are great. Less dive and roll, but I also got RB sway bars. Only things I wanna replace are OEM shocks and all-seasons tires. I feel OEM shocks do an okay job, but still inadequate. Ride is definitely stiffer and less comfortable than before. All-season tires suck in terms of performance, especially in winter.

If RB spring rate is close to Eibach Prokit, which I believe it is, I would think RB's would work well with Koni FSDs. Koni's should provide the right performance along with comfort (which is oxymoron, but I believe Konis). Check Konis website, FSD is standard dampers on Lambo Gallardo. I plan on getting FSDs in spring.

BTW, it is 0.5 inch drop, true to their advertisement, which means no need for rear camber links, although mine are at -2 deg (still within spec). Overall, I highly recommend RB products.

·
Registered
626 Posts
this is the set-up i'm looking at getting too, the FSD's and RB springs, I'm also going to get the full GT spec brace package, and the RB sway Bars, and maybe the camber links too. I think those RB springs are the best way to go though, because most other springs are 10% to 15% stiffer, with 20% you should be able to float around high speed turns like your riding on rails...i'll be nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts