Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we've been tempted with pics of the hatchback, any word on what the sedan will look like? Any ideas?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm going to bet they'll only offer it in one body style, at least for the first year, and it'll be the hatch.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It makes sense that they offer the hatch because it was the sedan version they did for MazdaSpeed protege. Switch it up every once in a while. A pitty though but hopefully some of the engine enhancements can be ported over to the sedan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I doubt it will have AWD, as that would be entering unknow territory for mazda cars. Also, they would be entering a category/clas of cars that have made/used AWD for years. Sure, it'd be amazing if it had AWD, but I think it's very unlikely that it will. But maybe(hopefully) I'm wrong. :wink:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
mazdaspeedpower said:
I doubt it will have AWD, as that would be entering unknow territory for mazda cars. Also, they would be entering a category/clas of cars that have made/used AWD for years. Sure, it'd be amazing if it had AWD, but I think it's very unlikely that it will. But maybe(hopefully) I'm wrong. :wink:
The P5s in Japan had AWD... standard too, I believe.
so yeah... but I understand how the market might not be good for it... but hey, if they really wanna make a statement, the car will be AWD.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
AWD also make car heavier, they could keep the car FF but for the love of god give us sticky tires and a limited slip, that alone will solve the traction problems and doesn't add too much extra weight.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
budgy said:
AWD also make car heavier, they could keep the car FF but for the love of god give us sticky tires and a limited slip, that alone will solve the traction problems and doesn't add too much extra weight.
AWD also changes the driving dynamics quite a bit. Rear push + Front pull. :) I believe the jap P5 also came with more power (The Sport 20 engine or something like that), which would probably compensate for the AWD heavy drivetrain.

I wouldn't mind an LSD and sticky tires. I'd give up AWD any day with that config... and just buy Blizzaks when the snow hits. :)
And FWD drift when it rains... hehehe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mazda 6 is coming out AWD...

Well, at least in Australia it is... I believe it will be turbo too...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Personally, I hope for an AWD version. Imagine all that power going to all 4 wheels, despite the additional drive train loss, an AWD Mazdaspeed Mazda 3 with 240 hp should launch off the line like a rocket.

Though, if they did go with FF, I would also hope for a good LSD and decent tires.

But give me AWD in the sexy Mazda 3 sedan, please.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts