Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's one available on eBay, supposedly for the 3, RX-8 and Miata. I just added some oil additive the other day and noticed that the oil cap on the 2.3 doesn't exactly screw on but rather twist and pull, similar to the cap on an Asprin bottle. Any idea if this oil cap will actually fit?

·
Registered
191 Posts
im pretty sure all oil caps are like that

·
Registered
420 Posts
BeastieBen said:
im pretty sure all oil caps are like that
No they're not.

Have no idea if the cap off Ebay will work. Would wait awhile for more aftermarket products to come out before buying much.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sorry folks....

It Does not fit the 2.3

The 2.3 is a twist-lock and the hole is smaller, so no way to jam in the big boy unless you like lots and lots of oil under the hood.

The polished aluminum one off e-bay fits the Miata just fine, but that's a screw in...can't vouch for the 2 liter...I just don't know.

·
Registered
338 Posts
yea, i bought one of those...doesn't fit...i emailed the guy telling him it doesn't fit, and he still insists it does....it fits older mazdas just fine...if any1 wants it, paypal me $5 and its yours...

·
Registered
971 Posts
I bought one also the mazdaspeed label is a piece of cardboard you half to glue on also it is a screw on and doesnt fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts