Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what font style the Mazdaspeed logo is? I want to have my son's booster seat embroidered to match my MS3 seats (Sad, I know!) and the embroiderer asked what the font was to see if they have it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Wow...this is scary. I was just doing the same thing today, although I was going to take it a step further and try and match the fabric on the bottom of the seats and the leather bolsters as well. Essentially just have a friend of ours who is a designer just redo the entire cover on his booster. LMAO!

Good to know there are other fanatics out there LOL. I DON'T even have the car yet and I'm planning this stuff. I'll PM you if I can find a font that matches or is REALLY close.

Anybody else know?

·
Registered
612 Posts
[quote author=gwood link=topic=70544.msg1234190#msg1234190 date=1172523012]
I was going to take it a step further and try and match the fabric on the bottom of the seats and the leather bolsters as well. Essentially just have a friend of ours who is a designer just redo the entire cover on his booster. LMAO!

[/quote]

That is freaking awesome! No kids myself, but I would definately do that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go to www.myfonts.com and use their WTF (What the Font) feature. You can upload a jpg with the Mazdaspeed lettering and it will find the closest matches if not the desired font. The Mazdaspeed font may be a custom font created by Mazda's art department or advertising agency. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=proclam link=topic=70544.msg1234212#msg1234212 date=1172523363]
[quote author=gwood link=topic=70544.msg1234190#msg1234190 date=1172523012]
I was going to take it a step further and try and match the fabric on the bottom of the seats and the leather bolsters as well. Essentially just have a friend of ours who is a designer just redo the entire cover on his booster. LMAO!

[/quote]

That is freaking awesome! No kids myself, but I would definately do that!
[/quote]

hell i'd do it...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
[quote author=moltenv link=topic=70544.msg1234221#msg1234221 date=1172523592]
Go to www.myfonts.com and use their WTF (What the Font) feature. You can upload a jpg with the Mazdaspeed lettering and it will find the closest matches if not the desired font. The Mazdaspeed font may be a custom font created by Mazda's art department or advertising agency. Good luck.
[/quote]

Yeah. Already did that...didn't come up with any matches. I found the older mazda font as well (SF Automaton) but it doesn't match either. My guess at this point is that it was custom created by mazda or a freelancer working for mazda. I might just have to have somebody take a jpeg and create a ttf out of it I can't find an exact match. We'll see...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife is a graphic artist--she is coming back from a "Girls weekend in Atlantic City" tonight. She may know it off the top of her head, and if not she will be able to do something for me i'm sure. Thing is, the embroidery is much cheaper if it is already a TTF because they charge to create a design in the stitching machine. Apparently there is special software to do that and they have to create a "stitch out" which they charge $60 for! :shock: She also deals with a sign shop who has many manufacturers logos and fonts available (For vinyl stickers and such) so maybe we can go that route.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
[quote author=gwood link=topic=70544.msg1234270#msg1234270 date=1172525114]
[/quote]

Yeah. Already did that...didn't come up with any matches. I found the older mazda font as well (SF Automaton) but it doesn't match either. My guess at this point is that it was custom created by mazda or a freelancer working for mazda. I might just have to have somebody take a jpeg and create a ttf out of it I can't find an exact match. We'll see...
[/quote]

they should be able to scan a sticker or something the logo is a special font and is trademarked so i doubt you will be able to find it without someone scanning it and doing it from that

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
[quote author=Zoom4wrd link=topic=70544.msg1234309#msg1234309 date=1172525797]
My wife is a graphic artist--she is coming back from a "Girls weekend in Atlantic City" tonight. She may know it off the top of her head, and if not she will be able to do something for me i'm sure. Thing is, the embroidery is much cheaper if it is already a TTF because they charge to create a design in the stitching machine. Apparently there is special software to do that and they have to create a "stitch out" which they charge $60 for! :shock: She also deals with a sign shop who has many manufacturers logos and fonts available (For vinyl stickers and such) so maybe we can go that route.
[/quote]

+1

Sounds great. I'm looking for fabrics right now that match the seats...some close matches but nothing yet that is absolutely dead on.

[quote author=RonTonkinMazda link=topic=70544.msg1234310#msg1234310 date=1172525801]
[quote author=gwood link=topic=70544.msg1234270#msg1234270 date=1172525114]
[/quote]

[/quote]

they should be able to scan a sticker or something the logo is a special font and is trademarked so i doubt you will be able to find it without someone scanning it and doing it from that
[/quote]

That might end up being the way to do, although it will cost a bunch more if I need to get the needle work done elsewhere. I'm still trying to talk our friend into doing it as she thinks its going to be a PITA (cause she has to deal with me and my comments... :D)

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
[quote author=AlbertaMS3 link=topic=70544.msg1234373#msg1234373 date=1172527028]
You guys are funny :D

Seriously, I'd probably do it too if my wife let me. But then I'd have to do it to all our car seats so they'd match.

My oldest son had this car seat:

http://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Booster-Youth-Seat-Athens/dp/images/B0002VO490

Great colors to match the MS3's interior and well suited to the car with the name "Turbo Booster" :lol:
[/quote]

I was looking at this one last weekend. We were at the "baby store" as my son calls it and I was saying..."you know, he's going to need a new seat soon" which translates to "...this one would match the interior quite well". Trying to figure out if it's best to get a new seat and then have it customized or if I should take the old one in and just get it covered.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Customize your existing seat; then you can add the leather side bolsters. :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
[quote author=AlbertaMS3 link=topic=70544.msg1234396#msg1234396 date=1172527572]
Customize your existing seat; then you can add the leather side bolsters. :)
[/quote]

I think that will be the best way to go if I can talk our friend into doing it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I just scanned in my Mazdaspeed stickers, they match the seats perfectly. I saved them as a TIFF file is anyone wants one i would be more than happy to email it. PM me with your email, and if you want it saved in a different format i can do that too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts