Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone may have already asked the questions im about to ask but i looked for over an hour and turned up with nothing.

okay so a local 3 owner texted me last night and offered to sell me his mazdaspeed exhaust off of his hatch for 175 bucks. my questions are, will this fit? if not what do i need to tell the shop to do to make it fit? if you've already done it please help me out. i don't know to much when it comes down to it and how much of a performance gain would i get? and would it sound better?

by the way i have a 2.0 l i.touring sedan.

thanks.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Yes, the exhaust will fit. Going from a hatch to a sedan requires a tad more length to be added so it sits flush with the rear bumper.

To be clear, are you talking about the mazdaspeed accessory exhaust or the mazdaspeed3 exhaust?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are there one or two CAT's on a mazda3? i want/need some hard evidence first because with the exhaust swap i want to delete the CAT and put a racing pipe and i want to make sure it stays street legal and if my county were to change the rules and require all cars have an emission check then i want to be able to pass it.

thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.