Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all.

A quick question. What gains in WHP can I expect from stock if I get the Mazdaspeed CAI (bought and installed at my dealer) and a Buddy Condeser in an 2.3L ATX Mazda3s? Is a 2007.

Any comments against the MazdaSpeed (OEM) CAI? I want the guaranty part of it, but dont want to put the cash into something that will have no gains.

Tx.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
this can be found by using the search function.

6-8whp. imo, don't get the condensor...it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
this is what you're spending your money on:

+1hp, +2tq peak

some people will argue that the 8pt gain between 5100 and 5300 rpms is worth $150. not to me. you dont spend enough time there to make a noticeable difference.

instead,

try the advancing timing mod which is virtually free and gives you an actual gain across the entire power band.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
yes but at what cost? you can put that $150 towards something else that's going to give you a gain over more of the powerband than just that very small part.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
neither will the bcc.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
that advanced timing dyno also used two different octane fuels. How much did that make? im sure a couple? idk.

but 6-8whp isnt that bad in CAI i guess.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=JP3G link=topic=67521.msg1161545#msg1161545 date=1169431220]
So don't buy it then.
[/quote]

i think you are confused. i didnt say to not buy the intake. i told him not to buy the bcc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
[quote author=JP3G link=topic=67521.msg1161649#msg1161649 date=1169435305]
BCC to me means Blind Carbon Copy, sorry if I didn't get it.

So what is it?
[/quote]

Buddy Club Condenser

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
[quote author=d1 link=topic=67521.msg1161653#msg1161653 date=1169435574]
[quote author=JP3G link=topic=67521.msg1161649#msg1161649 date=1169435305]
BCC to me means Blind Carbon Copy, sorry if I didn't get it.

So what is it?
[/quote]

Buddy Club Condenser
[/quote]

it's a very expensive high-tech grounding device

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Mazdaspeed CAI = :bigok: (if the warranty is important to you)

advanced timing mod = :bigok: (bang-for-the-buck award)

BCC = :dunno: If anything, this is a drivability mod, not a power mod. But some people swear by it.

[quote author=maudi3 link=topic=67521.msg1161668#msg1161668 date=1169436547]
it's a very expensive high-tech grounding device
[/quote]

Technically, that's only half the function. In theory, it will help to level out peaks and valleys in the electrical system's voltage and keep systems like the fuel injectors and ignition coils operating more efficiently... our engine (near stock anyways) just doesn't seem to care that much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all for your replies. I tried the "search", but since everyone has different sets of modifications I could not find a simple "6-8whp" answer. Thank you for that.

The BCC is in today, so I will let you know how that goes over the weekend. As for the mazdaspeed CAI, I'm being offered $270 plus $150 install. Leaving alone the fact that there are better ones for less money and that I could install it myself, would it be a fair deal? Anyone got the CAI for less (and where)?

I want the "safety" of it being a Mazda accesory installed by a Mazda dealer. It is my wifes car and would not want to get the "I told you" ...

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
just install it yourself. it's easy. would take you 10 minutes after you pull out the stock intake.

$150 install is a lot. that's about 2hrs of labor. intake shouldn't take more than an hour. the stock intake does take some time to be removed. if you want to save yourself some money, remove the lower part of the intake yourself. should cut your install cost in half. but like i said, if you start taking the lower part out, you'll think to yourself you might as well finish the rest.

paying someone to install your mods is beyond retarded to me. especially an intake.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I agree with the415, easy install. See [email protected] She is very fair with her pricing, less then 270.00 for the intake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I called showcase Mazda. Great customer service!

They said that upon calling Mazda to confirm that the available Mazdaspeed CAI would fit an 07, Mazda stated that it has not been approved for it ... only up to 06s. ???

I though the '06 and '07 where the same ... am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts