Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure whether I should put this under "Ideas for Mazda" or not, but since it's specifically about the future Mazdaspeed 3 (which I've already decided I will wait for instead of buying now) I figured I will post here.

I have really had to bite my tongue and convince myself to wait for the MS3, and I think I am finally over the initial impulse to buy a 3S, especially when I know there are better things coming down the pipeline. Whether or not the AWD rumor ever comes true is impossible to tell ... I am not getting my hopes up, but it will not make or break my decision. After driving the old MS Protege, I have convinced myself to wait! Since I'm really into car design, and love to sketch my own designs, I sketched up my own idea for a MS3 and did a final illustration in Photoshop. Nothng really extreme ... I left out a spoiler which I'm sure it will have, but I've changed many details, lowered it, and added larger wheels. Sorry about the fact that it looks like it has no tires, but in the car design world, artists go more for flair than realism, hehe. Considering I drew this all myself and haven't "chopped" it from anything, I reserve the right to artistic embellishment. :)

I just wanted to bring out the strength of the design even more, without making it look like it's full of tacked-on parts (much like a BMW M5). Now all it needs is a nice little spoiler, some foglamps, and it's ready to go. :twisted:

Also, you can check out some of my other illustrations in a small online portfolio at Car Design News ... I have another Mazda design in there too, but it's a bit blurry for some reason, and they're all rather small. They don't allow anything past 400 pixels wide! :( If anyone's interested in hi-res ones, I can post them here.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Looks nice. If it's gonna be a Mazdaspeed, it better has a Mazdaspeed logo on the grill, instead of Mazda logo. Gotta modify that bumper too.

I saw your work, they look nice :)
Btw, are you a CGTalk member?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts

dubya tee eff! :wink:

·
Registered
769 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=1919.msg1404590#msg1404590 date=1178931978]

dubya tee eff! :wink:
[/quote]

I'm with ya!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I get "page cannot be displayed"

but anyways, why wait ? there will always be better/faster things coming down the pipe.
Computers, cars , toys ...just the way the world works.

I usually go for it and enjoy it for the time I have had it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=1919.msg1404604#msg1404604 date=1178932842]

but anyways, why wait ? there will always be better/faster things coming down the pipe.

[/quote]

Hi! Welcome to 3 years ago! :lol:

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=Midak link=topic=1919.msg1404608#msg1404608 date=1178933149]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what on earth are you talking about :p

·
Registered
759 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=1919.msg1404617#msg1404617 date=1178933379]
[quote author=Midak link=topic=1919.msg1404608#msg1404608 date=1178933149]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what on earth are you talking about :p
[/quote]
Thread start? Reason the pic-y no worky?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What Midak said.

Seriously, I started this thread three fucking years ago and got two responses. Three years later after the pic is gone, and I get half a dozen. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
LMAO...thats funny.

On just about every other forum I post on, resurrecting a thread this old results in a ban. Easy enough to do though, search, read, reply without thinking.

So did it turn out the way you wanted...since we cant see the pic.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was alright. It actually had a strong resemblance to that red Mazdaspeed3 sedan concept (http://www.mazda.com.tw/2005/images/show_mazda304.jpg) that came out about two years ago. It was more or less a one-off aftermarket attempt at a tuned sedan by Mazdaspeed. It was lowered, had dual exhausts, a spoiler and some different wheels. Wasn't too special, but it's virtually impossible to find pics of it now that the actual car. Any search you do just brings up pics of the production car.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
damn, didnt realize I had to be so friggin obvious about things.

I was bored.
I found the oldest thread in the mazdaspeed section (ok so this was the 2nd oldest)
I bumped it
In doing such, people sometimes make funny remarks thinking its a new thread.
It didnt work out like that.

end of story.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts